Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Brought To You By The Letter "L"

The Ten On Tuesday is 10 things about you that feature your first initial.

1. I need Lots of sleep.
2. I Loathe summer. More like I hate heat and humidity.
3. Love animals.
4. Don't mind Laundry.
5. Love my daughter Laura.
6. I have Long hair. (being moon-faced, short hair looks terrible).
7. Laughing is my favorite thing.
8. I Live in the suburbs.
9. I drive a Little Volkswagon Rabbit. (small, but powerful).
10.If I don't get my tea in the morning, I am Likely to rip someones head off.

In weather news, we're about to be hit by the worst heatwave so far. I don't know how they can separate them, bad to worse, but apparently humidexes over 41 C. Another week indoors.

 If it was cooler, I would be purging and reorganizing this whole house (yes, sometimes I would like to purge the whole house...). We rearranged some furniture and brought this chest of drawers downstairs.
 
It now holds all my fabric and sewing supplies.  I am going to go through every drawer and cupboard here and toss all the stuff I'll never use, or have been hanging onto.

Next week FC and I are off to Michigan to attend (what else?) the Michigan Fiber Festival. 
This is a new one for me, as we've been to Fingerlakes 3 times, and Vermont once. Looks to be nice, and we're staying in Kalamazoo, where there is a cool car museum, so something for FC too.

In knitting news, it's status quo. Too hot to work on the Gansey, and all I have are some socks on the needles.  Hopefully there will be some cool inspiration at the festival.

I'm off to take Clawed for his shots. Stay cool and fleece out.
"neener, neener....we had our shots last year....."



4 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

I too await the colder weather, and have spent almost zero time outside this summer. Can't wait until it is over. You can only get so naked.

Bridget said...

Lovely post. ;-)

I can't wait for this summer to go away and cooler weather to return!

Elka said...

I would try that but E =mcsquared instead of good things about me. I could work with L however.

I went to midamericon 2 last weekend but was talking to the family about workshops and retreats. I have spent the last 8 yrs going to scifi things with the beloved one and frankly want a vacation that is centered on my interests. Maybe next year

Anyway nice list and hope you had super fun

Unknown said...

Hope you had a lovely trip. It is mega hot here too :(