Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Things on Your Summer List

I probably won't be making a list. Not to say that I don't, because I make all kinds of them.  It's been hot, and today is nice and breezy, so I'm going to hang stuff out to dry. That's something I love to do in the summer.

This year's Tour de Fleece is running concurrently with la Tour de France, Saturday July 2 to 24th. I am spinning for Team Fat Cat, but I haven't decided what challenge to do. I have set my Schacht-Reeves up to spin in double-drive, as opposed to Scotch Tension, so maybe that will be it.
I do have alot of Fat Cat fibre in my stash, so hopefully I can choose something. I'm sure I can.
In Gansey news, I have split off for the front of Alex's Filey, but slow going since I am using a 2.75mm needle.  The joy is in the process.
I am still spinning my Three Waters Farm "Pragmatic Raconteur" BFL. I am on my 7th braid, and have plied 4.
Some rather bad cats on board here. Tino somehow thinks that Howard is the outside cat, and hisses and screeches at him.  I shudder to think what he would do if he ever got ahold of that one outside.

Ok- stay cool. I'm fleecin' out.

5 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Love the little mounds of BFL.

Sel and Poivre said...

The spinning sounds lovely indeed - I haven't the faintest idea what Scotch tension or double drive means but it sounds wooly wonderful - as does spinning while watching the Tour de France!

Chris said...

May you spin like the wind! ;)

Nicole said...

Yay Tour de Fleece! It's on my list of things to do this summer, too.

Unknown said...

Hooray for the Tour de Fleece! :)

I do love that kitty face.