Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June Musings

Hard to believe we are in June, isn't it? The weather has been glorious, windy and cool-ish, also sunny, and then we get downpours.  But I am told this will be a hot summer, and this makes me grit my teeth.

Speaking of which, I had a dental cleaning yesterday. I get there, only to find that my regular girl has moved on. As I am being told this, I almost had a meltdown right there and then in the dentist's office. I wish her the best, of course, but she literally saved my teeth. She was fantastic. The replacement was fine, actually quite nice and professional- so that was something.  I must try and deal with change better.
Do you remember that line in "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" ?
When George says to Martha:  I wish you would stop springing things on me.  That's what I thought of.

I told you that I received my 3rd skein of lace from BMFA.
 
 The edging chart on the pattern wasn't good. Yo's at the beginning of rows which I dislike. I found a better one in Heirloom knitting, so I started that.

I am almost to the underarm gusset and chest pattern on the Filey gansey.
I have been spinning. "Pragmatic Raconteur" in BFL, from Three Waters Farm.
I even dusted off the sewing machine and did some bags.

Valentino and Howard like to cram themselves onto the office chair. I don't know why Howard hasn't fallen off.
I guess that leaves Clawed out of the loop. 

Fleecin' out until next time.






5 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Nice array of projects. Love that office chair.

Nicole said...

Ooh, I hate YOs at the beginning (or end) of a row! I don't blame you for finding a replacement.

Love the kitties! Especially how they like to cram themselves into the same spaces. So typical of cats - it's either that, or they're as far away from each other as they can get. :)

Chris said...

I am SO BAD WITH CHANGE! I would've been right there with you on the borderline meltdown.

Did you buy that chair to contrast nicely with the kitties? :D

Unknown said...

I am terrified of the dentist so if I was told something was going to change, I would have been in melt down, too!

Lovely bags and spinning. You've been busy!

Elka said...

Our favorite dental tech was replaced over a year ago. I still do not like the new one but she certainly does a good job but... well dentists and their technicians are not easy to love.

Good smattering of projects. You are so super talented. I feel like a one trick pony in comparison.

Re the weather. We have been in a heat wave. I got stuck in a traffic jam {highway closed due to bomb scare} for 1.5 hrs in 100 degree heat and failing air conditioner. It has been pretty hot with the announcers saying nice things such as it is 98 but feels 102 while my thermostat is registering 104. OI. But soon it will be fall and winter and all will be right in the world :-)