Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The May Two-fer

We had our first holiday weekend of the summer, the May 24th long weekend. This year, some stuff got done, which is so cool.


 FC cleaned out the pond and refilled it. The tortoise pump is working, but he has to fix the fish. I think he'll see the wisdom of covering it up in fall after digging out all the sludge and draining it.
The front door was repainted "Hale Navy". My favorite colour. While I did have alot of comments on the Jack O Lantern orange, this is much more sophisticated. When the new door goes in, it will also be this colour.
The lily-of-the-valley is out in droves. Looks nice on the window with my sheep that I got as a gift.
In knitting news, not alot to report. I made some socks for Miss Mew for the Christmas box, and I got my new skein from BMFA to finish my shawl edging, but other than that, meh.
"hey mum, those are some far-out toenails...."
Fleecin' out.



3 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

That is a great door colour. Your weekend was way more eventful than mine.

Chris said...

That is a great toenail color! :) And a very Serious Door Indeed!

Unknown said...

Your door is such a lovely colour :) Cute toes.