Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Favorite Things Your Mother Made

Really?  I won't be doing this one, as my mother hated cooking, said so often, and was a fan of the "Snackin' Cake" (it even came with it's own pan to bake it in) and the overcooked peas, fried pork chops and canned veg. The smell of the steamed broccoli alone was vile- so let's not relive those particular memories.

In other news, I have been struggling with TMJ, and finally went to see the doc for some anti-inflammatories. Hopefully this will settle in a week or so, but I have been out of commission in terms of knitting and doing most things.

In case you think it's all down the u-bend, no no no. My darling sister and my dear friend gifted me with (wait for it.....) EMMA BRIDGEWATER!!!!!  Sheep!!!! The one on the left from my sister is Scottish Blackface and on the right is the Jacob from my buddy.  I can't take it. Now, I really need a huge kitchen dresser to put all my treasures in. Oh, and maybe a house large enough to have one.
Isn't this bowl the best?  I have a real thing for these chickens and roosters. I also got a tea towel with this on it. Say Tea is the nicest place ever.

In the official cat department- Miss Mew sent this:
"Chip and dip platters, not just for parties any more..."

Fleecin' out.



6 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Love the new mug. I am with you on the favourites front. My mother was a rotten cook, but a fabulous baker and preserve maker. Shoe leather beef and overcooked veg.

Bridget said...

My mother was not a cook either. (I remember Snackin' Cakes!)

Oh those mugs - they are wonderful, and I don't blame you for wanting a place to showcase them.

Look at the kitlets! I love the way they are happily using the dish ... except you do need one more to really make it work. ;-)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the mugs - and those kittens... oh those kittens! After losing my Rocky boy last week, I may have caught kitten fever.

Chris said...

Those are wonderful mugs!!

Aw, kittens. :D

Have a lovely weekend!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh! Those kittens are ADORABLE! And I love the repurposing of the chip & dip platter... :)

Unknown said...

I'm so in love with those kittens. :)