Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ten On Tuesday-10 Of My Favorite Things Right Now

...does that remind you of

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

????

I admit I am not a huge fan of musicals- unless it was "Tommy" which was a rock opera.

1. I am loving winter.
2. I have a boatload of fiber to spin:
3. There are some wonderful shows on. If you're watching the Shetland series, the 6th is in 6 parts, and Jimmy Perez has a love interest, ooooooooh!
4. Vera is fantastic- and I'm up to date on those too.
5.
My Paperwhite Narcissus- smells gorgeous.
6. My knitting mojo is here, and I'm loving it.
7. FC makes me a yogurt smoothie every morning. Whatta guy!
8. I am making my way through a stack of great books.
9. Everyone on my radar is happy and healthy-
10. My fridge is nice and clean.

We went and got our fleeces from Wellington Fibres.

It is amazing to me that you drop off a sheep fleece and come out with a bag of heaven (not instantly- it takes time). I realized that I would never get through combing or processing those fleeces for spinning, and now I have wonderful Dorset Down roving to spin and just enjoy. They are absolutely the nicest people at Wellington, and I am thrilled.
This is what a Dorset Down looks like. Not easy to find here, there are smaller Baby Doll Dorsets. "Down" refers to the area it came from,  but I think they are the cutest of sheep. Mine is grey, an odd mutation.
This is a CVM (aka Romeldale) and a handspinners dream.

These are my 2 CVM (California Variegated Mutant) fleeces- Buddy and Slocum.
This weeks cat picture is brought to you by Miss Mew, who has this lovely foster baby at home now. My guys seem to be missing in action.

(Really) fleecin' out.




3 comments:

Chris said...

Yay for skipping the whole big mess of cleaning fleece - having had to wash sheep to show them at the county fair as a child, I shudder to think of washing fleece now.

You and winter, I swear. ;)

Gale Bulkley said...

I hand processed a whole CVM a few years ago. Never again. It wore me out.

mrspao said...

I love Shetland - am just trying to catch up before it goes off iplayer. I washed fleece a couple of times but probably wouldn't attempt it again :)