Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Things You're Looking Forward to Doing After The Holidays

1. Breathing.
2. Eating turkey sandwiches.
3. Not shopping.
4. Watching Dr. Phil in relative peace.
5. Starting a new eating regime.
6. Clearing out the lower level- I love a good purge.
7. Walking every day- and trying to get a long one in on the weekend.
8. Spinning
9. Knitting my gansey.
10. Reading my new books.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the holidays, but I also enjoy the relative quiet of winter. My son tells me we are in a Blowtorch year- between the highs and lows of the jet stream, so little to no snow this year. As much as I am disappointed by this, I can take advantage of it and walk every day.

Speaking of holidays- Santa came a little early this year.
I found this wheel on Kijiji.  It's a Rappard Wee Peggy.  The owner had not spun on her in years, but she came complete with 4 bobbins, orifice hook and complete flyer.  After a clean and a wax, I sat down to spin, and the fact that it is a single treadle is something I will have to train myself in. But she's cute and spins lovely.  I was looking for a Haldane (Shetland Wheel) but most are in the UK and hard to come by.  The Rappard was made in New Zealand and based on the Shetland style.
In knitting news, I am working on a pair of socks in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in "Whoville". I am sort of making up the pattern as I go along.

The turkey is thawing, and I will make the stuffing and potatoes on Wednesday. The family will all be together on Friday.  What more can you ask? Presents are nice but having a dinner together is lovely and seeing everyone laugh together is the best.

My dear friends whom I have had the great privilege of getting to know in Blogland, I wish you the very best for this time of year, as well as 2016.  Wherever you are, whoever you're with- you deserve every good thing coming your way.

Clawed wants to know why there's a fake tree in the living room.  People are strange, Clawed.

Peace out.




4 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Nice looking wheel Lorraine!
After the dumping we got last year, I am almost pleased we won't be having much snow this year, but do miss it as well.
Here's to hoping you all have a great Christmas.

mrspao said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a very happy New Year. What a beautiful wheel! Clawed is rather beautiful.

Nicole said...

Sounds like a great list! I hope you and your family had a great Christmas.

Love the new wheel! I found out a couple of weeks ago that my wheel is also a Wee Peggy - I love it, but my next wheel will either be an e-spinner or a double treadle. The single treadle gets a bit tiresome after a while. Hope you enjoy it and have a better learning curve on the single treadle than I did! (I still have difficulties treadling with my left foot...)

Chris said...

Congrats on the wheel find! Hope you had a great holiday and are enjoying the relative peace now. :)