Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Gifts You Can Buy At The Grocery Store

I guess it really depends what grocery store you shop at. We have a chain here, Loblaw's, and some of the stores are very high end.

1. A selection of imported cheeses and deluxe biscuits.
2. An expensive balsamic.
3. A pricey olive oil.
4. Chocolate truffles.
5. Panettone.
6. Gift cards?
7. Some high-end tea or coffee.
8. A really good bottle of vanilla extract.
9. Exotic fruit.
10. Some wine at the outlet.

In Ontario, 6 packs of beer just hit the store shelves today. The government really controls the sales of beer and spirits, but I know you can buy them at corner stores in Quebec. Since I don't drink, it doesn't affect me at all.

On the weekend Miss Mew and I made shortbread and Candy Cane cookies.  Today I made some Ginger Molasses cookies, and I am done. They will be packed up and gifted and then I won't have to have the temptation in the house.

I made this ultra thick hat, The Vermonter.  I hope to wear it on walks, this is assuming we get any cold weather, and possibly snow.
I'm messing around with a sock pattern and still working on my gansey.
I thought today I would post a picture of Howard. He is defintely the alpha cat. He doesn't really like to be picked up, but will come for a cuddle if the mood strikes. Nothing happens around here without Howie knowing about it. He's goofy, but he's a sweetheart.

Fleece out-

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Your list is similar to mine - great minds and all that!

Howard looks like such a sweet kitty! Give him a pat from me!

mrspao said...

I just gathered a few of those gifts last night :)

Give Howard a tentative cuddle from me. Sirius has come over to say hi.

Chris said...

Mmmm, cookies... Howard sounds like what Love & Hisses would call a "snoopervisor". :)

Gale Bulkley said...

Is Tino a camera hog, or is Howard just a bit shy? We don't see very much of him and he's got a sweet face.