Tuesday, November 10, 2015

No-FO November

But look around
Leaves are brown
and the sky
is a hazy shade of Winter

It's overcast today (spelled that overcats), and a typical November day. Not really too cold, and this is weather I really love.  Not quite all the maple leaves are down, so you walk through all the dried up ones, and there is a beautiful smell of autumn. 

Not alot to report around here.  We're in the middle of re-doing the tv room, which is not a basement, this being a split level.  I am just waiting for my new sofa to get here and I'll do a reveal.  I will show you my new lamp, which I stalked the Costco site for.
I always wanted a dragonfly one- this is perfect. 

I think I pretty much have most of my Christmas things done, except for cookies and stuff. Next week is the parade, and I can just about deal with the constant commercials and stuff. I think it's a bit much when they don't even wait for Halloween to be over.  Kind of obscene even.
Clawed this morning. Last week he gave me a scare and stopped eating. His stomach was upset and I had to take him to the vet. I now suspect he was eating Christmas cactus- and it took a few days before he was better.  Now I have to get rid of some plants and put the rest up high where they can't get at them. Never a dull moment around here.
Howard and Tino on outside-strange-cat watch.  If I was that cat I would get a ticket to Alaska and never come back.

Hope to show you some knitted FO's next time.

Fleece out.




3 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Pretty lamp, and great looking cats.

Chris said...

Oh, Clawed! :( Not nice to scare your mom.

I have one plant (left) - a Christmas cactus - which is in a sconce-like planter on the wall. So far no one's gotten to it. *knocks on wood*

mrspao said...

Poor Clawed - hope he is better now. Your lamp is ever so pretty