1. Laugh until we cry.
2. Go shopping.
3. Have a tea/coffee.
5. Watch a movie.
6. Go on a road trip.
7. Yap on the phone (though I'm not a yapper per se)
9. Go for a long walk.
10. Admire and learn from each other.
Sounds kind of sucky, doesn't it. I have a best friend, but I also count DH as one, as well as my daughter (though I do wear the mother hat on occasion). I have online friends whom I hear from on a daily basis, so maybe best friend doesn't mean what it used to mean.
Around here, the Ash trees came down yesterday. The backyard looks denuded, but the dead trees were sort of freaking me out at night. At the end of next week our new windows are being installed, so it's all go around here.
I spent the weekend in New York State. The Fingerlakes Fiber Festival:
1. The Walmart carries things that we don't have here. Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts, Underwood Devilled Chicken and Duncan Hines Caramel Apple Cupcake kits.
2. No-one really drinks tea, and if they do, they drop a bag in hot water, and put cream in it. They also have "sweet tea" which I assume is iced tea here, and we're talking New York State.
3. They still have pennies, and they won't take our Canadian ones.
4. The service in restaurants and stores is really good, and they are friendly.
5. I noticed a high number of people driving and talking on cell phones, so I'm not sure about the laws. You do still see that here, but I always give them the evils.
Jill Draper Makes Stuff. It is Autumn in a skein, and I couldn't resist. For those of you who may think that that's all I got, there's this: