Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Things You Love To Do With Your Best Friend

I am loving this cooler weather this week. As far as I'm concerned, it can't get cold enough.

1. Laugh until we cry.

2. Go shopping.

3. Have a tea/coffee.

4. Knit

5. Watch a movie.

6. Go on a road trip.

7. Yap on the phone (though I'm not a yapper per se)

8. Gossip.

9. Go for a long walk.

10. Admire and learn from each other.

Sounds kind of sucky, doesn't it. I have a best friend, but I also count DH as one, as well as my daughter (though I do wear the mother hat on occasion). I have online friends whom I hear from on a daily basis, so maybe best friend doesn't mean what it used to mean.

Around here, the Ash trees came down yesterday. The backyard looks denuded, but the dead trees were sort of freaking me out at night.  At the end of next week our new windows are being installed, so it's all go around here.

I spent the weekend in New York State. The Fingerlakes Fiber Festival:
I have some observations about certain things south of the border.

1. The Walmart carries things that we don't have here.  Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts, Underwood Devilled Chicken and Duncan Hines Caramel Apple Cupcake kits.
2. No-one really drinks tea, and if they do, they drop a bag in hot water, and put cream in it.  They also have "sweet tea" which I assume is iced tea here, and we're talking New York State.
3. They still have pennies, and they won't take our Canadian ones.
4. The service in restaurants and stores is really good, and they are friendly.
5. I noticed a high number of people driving and talking on cell phones, so I'm not sure about the laws. You do still see that here, but I always give them the evils.

I did bring back some amazing yarn. This is from Jill Draper Makes Stuff.  It is Autumn in a skein, and I couldn't resist. For those of you who may think that that's all I got, there's this:
Isn't that the truth?

Clawed is scheduled for his procedure next week.  I am hoping that it will chill him out a bit, but alot of the time that doesn't happen.

Fleecin' out.



3 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

His Greyness looks like he might be up to something.

Chris said...

Gorgeous yarn!! I can see why you didn't resist it.

The laws vary by state, so I have no idea what they are in NY. Here texting while driving is illegal, but talking on the phone isn't. Alas. :(

Jewel Rey said...

My Hana kitty gets fixed on this Saturday.... I REALLY hope it chills her out.