Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Ten On Tuesday-10 Favorite Things to Do On a Summer Staycation

Is it Tuesday already?

1. Enjoy time in the backyard. FC refurbished the pond and now we have a nice spot with a Muskoka chair, and it's just like having my own dock on a lake.
2. Since it's Tour de Fleece, I am spinning and challenging myself with personal spinning goals. I have spun 4 oz every day since Saturday.

3. Go window shopping, Bloor Street West or downtown Oakville is good.

4. Day trips- Stratford, St. Jacobs or Niagara area.

5. Watch a whole series- past years have been Seinfeld, The Two Ronnies, Open All Hours- this year is Breaking Bad.  I may watch Sons of Anarchy again, but the ending really upset me.

6. Plan my knitting project strategy.

7. Read some new books. This has been a problem because there is less than nothing in the bookstores, and I can't stand "Summer Reading" schmaltz.  I just ordered a whackload of books from Awesome.

8. Clean up the basement- an ongoing thing.

9. Do some sewing.

10. Just relax and listen to the birds.

This is pretty much what is happening.  Summer isn't always my favorite time, but this year hasn't been too bad in terms of heat and humidity.  I can only hope it continues.

Clawed is growing so fast.  He likes to play with the big guys, but not always on their terms.  Pretty soon it will be a level playing field.

Tino and Howard aren't sure how a third guy is going to fit on the windowsill.
Fleecin' and fishin' out.


5 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

That pretty much matches my own plans Lorraine. Love the colour of your chair.

elns said...

Your summer staycation plans sound great to me. I love the pictures of the cats. The 2 at the windowsill look darling in their mischievous conspiring. hehe.

Sel and Poivre said...

Commenting from Boston today and you are making home sound awfully good!

Chris said...

Aw, Clawed is such a cutie!

And I just learned from Wikipedia that Muskoka chairs is what Adirondack chairs are called in "some parts of Ontario, Canada".

Nicole said...

Love the list! And the kitties are such cuties. :)