I don't care for that term "Bucket" list- which suggests to me, "STUFF I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE"- kind of morbid, and while I certainly don't plan of leaving this earthly plain anytime too soon, we all know that when you're number is up, what can you really do about it?
So, I prefer "My life enhancing list" or maybe "List of things that will bring joy" - I think it's just a nicer way of putting it.
1. Sew and put up new kitchen curtains. I got some really beautiful heavy cotton with Roosters on it, with a gold background. I also plan to add some black gingham somehow, because my house is kind of country- but with-it. I don't like kitsch, but I do adore anything with farm animals, but it needs to be done in a tasteful way. I think the gold will add warmth and the rooster colours are happy.
2. Spin for Tour-de-Fleece. I'm all good to go, and hope to have some great handspun yarns for making gifts.
3. Plant a small Gnome garden. Maybe a fairy garden. Something with sparkly lights.
4. Dye some fibre and sock yarn.
6. Do some day-trips. Maybe just go walk along Lake Ontario.
7. A new exhibit at the ROM, Pompeii, the Shadow of the Volcano. Looks totally cool and interesting.
8. Enjoy sitting on the patio, which I don't think I did once last year.
9. Finish an autumn-themed cross stitch and have it framed.
10. Hate to rush the seasons, but if it gets hot, I'll sure be looking forward to cooler weather.
So that's about it. I have no vacation plans or anything. The house tends to eat up time (and money) but I really feel it's our biggest investment, and needs to be maintained and/or improved. I really love decorating and stuff like that.
How about you guys- any plans and hopes for Summer 2015?