Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Words You Substitute for Swear Words

This is fun, because I can curse like any sailor.

1. Fudge.

2. Farts.

3. For-the-love-of-all-that-is-holy.

4. Fiddler's Fart.

5. JC-on-a-cream-cracker.

6. Sugar.

7. Sam Hill.

8. Sweet Fanny Adams.

9. Heck.

10. GD.

I also make use of "schmuck" because I like it.

Some are classics, but I don't usually hold back. Depends on where I am and who I'm with. My father was a curser, par excellance. I learned from the master.


I've been busy and not busy- I've spun about half of my TWF Honeybee BFL, and have just over 850 yds.

Knitted and blocked a another shawl- Sunflower Shawl using The Woolen Rabbit Whisper Lace Autumn Aspen.  There are also amber beads in it.

I also finished my Fox girl- just had to do the dress. I think she's sweet.


And I sewed a bunch of project bags. I have a bit of a fabric addiction.

Right now I'm waiting on some Gansey yarn from across the big pond, and I will be embarking on knitting THIS.  I haven't knit one of these in years, as the last one took almost a year.  This one is not as highly patterned as the Eriskay, but the gauge is tight. I'm hoping my choice of Atlantic Blue will help, as the darker wools are hard to see at night.  I think a traditional gansey is knitters high art, and I look forward to working with the 5ply worsted. 

And we're also adding to the feline collection- one of Miss Mew's kittens will be coming soon, a male- whom I have named Clawed.  The name is a reference to a cat in one of my favorite movies- and as I didn't name the last 2, Clawed it is.

Fleece out-


3 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

Wow. You sure have been busy. The new cat name is fabulous.

Bridget said...

I tend to swear more in my head than actually from my mouth ... go figure.

A new kitten! I can't wait to see him, and I love his name. It will be interesting to see what the group dynamic becomes.

Chris said...

New kitten!!! Exciting - looking forward to pictures. :)