Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ten On Tuesday- It's Tuesday already?

The Ten On Tuesday was 10 Things You Are Looking Forward To.  I bet alot of us are probably going to say "warmer weather"- because, I tell ya, it has been friggin cold out.  Not that it is unusual, but it's gone on for days- weeks now, and there is more to come. February is the cruellest month- so I've been pretty much sticking around the house.

I did venture out on Saturday and went to Say Tea.  I have been coveting this tin, and thought it would be good to store cookies or muffins in.  Much nicer than that crummy Ziploc container.  And Sonny-O does love Oatmeal Raisin cookies.

So, I'm not going to do the list, because I think I sometimes forget to live in the moment.  Yes, Spring weather will be nice, but then the dreaded heat follows after, and I don't want to think about it. So I won't.

I made 2 baby sweaters and hats for upcoming arrivals.  It's hard to find nice non-acrylic washable yarn that doesn't feel icky.  This is Knitpicks Swish Worsted in PeaPod and Carnation.  Also, nice buttons are getting harder to find without going on a major expedition to Spadina and Queen, so I just made do with Fabricland. 

I've got some sparkly batts on my Schacht-Reeves, and this will be a laceweight. I love this store, Nunoco, and I always request extra sparkle. This one is Whisper, and it morphs from pale green, pale blue into a violet.  Love it.

Here is a pic of some huge icicles that are on our eavestroughs.  Those babies are honkin big!!!

I'll be fleecin'- no cat pics this time as I'm not quite sure where they are.  Tino needs his sleep from all the mousing he's been doing.



3 comments:

mrspao said...

Wow - those are quite big icicles. I know what you mean by living in the moment. I've been trying out a few new things this year.

Chris said...

Hopefully someone knocks down those icicles, carefully. We had some get huge in the farmhouse I grew up in - one of them fell and killed a barn kitty. :(

Nicole said...

Eep to Chris's comment! :(

Sounds like you don't need to look forward to anything, because you're doing it all already. Have a great weekend!