Friday, January 2, 2015

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys

Well, Happy 2015 to you!  I am declaring this to be a banner year, as 2014 really had alot of ups and downs. But I think it is important to begin this one on a very positive note, so I am thinking good thoughts.

Of course, taking better care of myself will help, and I am rethinking alot of my choices.  I am going to do more of what makes me happy, and alot less of what isn't so great.  I will probably watch less news programs, but I do have a curiosity about what goes on in the world.  Getting out and walking every day is something I haven't been doing, and I want to get back to that. It's a question of priorities, isn't it?

Less time online- I really only do email and blogs and Ravelry, and that doesn't take up much time. Personally, I think the world would be a better place without things like Facebook and stuff, because it seems to me that it causes alot more trouble than it's worth, but I see the point if you want to keep up with family news and stuff.  

Spending time with my friends and family is always good, and for New Years I was at Miss Mew's, where there are three of her own cats, Tucker, Pio Leung, and the new one, Cindy Lou (who we call Roo).  The foster kitty is Cleo, a black sweetie who is a polydactyl, with little oven mitt paws.
Here is a glamour shot of Miss Tucker.  Such a pretty baby.
Miss Cleo- who is getting kissed, but check out those paws- she has an extra digit. She'll be up for adoption soon, and I do hope she gets a new owner.  She's a beautiful cat.
Miss Pio- who is just the cutest, and very bright and curious.
And the new kid on the block, Cindy Lou, who is very special and loving. I get to go and visit and get luvvins and never pick up a litter scoop.  They are my grandkitties.
This week, we went to this exhibit, Alex Colville at the AGO.
It was fantastic- pretty crowded, but I got the book that went with it, and I may order a print to go in the bedroom we're painting and I'm doing the quilt for.  I really enjoyed this.

Knitting and spinning will always be things that I love.  There are a few new books I look forward to coming out this year, and who knows what else may happen.  But that is the joy of it- not really knowing, but being open to the possibilities.

Wishing everyone a great 2015- there are wonderful things to come!

Fleece out.


3 comments:

Gale NoName said...

They are very winning monkeys. Happy New Year Lorraine.

mrspao said...

Yes!! 2015 will be brilliant. Those kitties are so cute.

Chris said...

Happy 2015! I agree with you about Facebook. :)