Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Musing

You know- I think sometimes I am a bit odd. I hasten to qualify this-I don't mind Mondays at all. It's the beginning of a new week, and to look forward to what can be accomplished.  Not so much with housework, although I plan to go upstairs and do a massive clear out of my closet. There are things in there which I know I won't wear, and a clear closet is better for my morale.  I hate having to cram things in a drawer.

I also like this time of year, whether the sun is out or not.  It's quiet and peaceful, and I like watching the snow fall- no garden to clear up, maybe a bit of shovelling, it's nice.

I even have a finished knitting project- for those who don't hang on Ravelry too much:
This is the Ka'ana shawlette- which is a freebie, and Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted, in "A Room Without a Roof"- the yellow goes with my coat, and I have made a few of these.

Knitters can never have enough gadgets, and I got this from Santa.  True, it can be used as a nasty weapon, but it's meant to hold a would skein of  yarn as you are knitting. This Etsy seller made it, and it's in marblewood.  Cool, huh?

I'm also finishing up some Fair Isle designs, which I have to decide what I'm going to do with. A hat and a tam, as well as a V-neck pullover- I will probably self publish these patterns. The inspiration is Canadian Art- as in The Group of Seven, mostly influenced by landscapes of the north.  There are colour stories that haven't been explored in knitting- and to go to a gallery and look at these is to experience Canada as these artists perceived it.

I also have in mind another square Shetland shawl, and have some books on order from Heirloom Knitting- Sharon is a historian as well as a designer, and her books are well worth the price. 

The boys are enjoying the fire, and peacing out.  Tino has his paw around Howard.

Have a great week.


4 comments:

Gale NoName said...

I can't wait for the reveal on the new designs. Is Tino larger than Howard?

Bridget said...

I'm a fan of winter too - I actually look forward to it.

Love your shawl, the colors are fabulous.

Those kitties!

Chris said...

I think Mondays are only bad for those of who have deal working for da man. You're free of that, aren't you? *prepares to seethe with jealousy* ;)

Nicole said...

Yeah, I'm with Chris. I only mind Mondays because I have to get up in time for work, and spend most of my day out doing someone else's to-do list. I'd rather be at home doing chores. Sadly, no one will pay me to do chores...

I think I said it on Rav, but I do love that shawl!