Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ten On Tuesday- 10 More Days To HoHoHo

I was sick all last week with a horrible cold/flu thing.  FC is still coughing, but I was in bed like a stuffed up slug, so I lost a week.  Oh well.

The tree (23.00 at Target) is denuded of decorations, due to the fact that Tino jumps up and gets them for Howard to play with. So the only decs are on the top third. It looks a little strange.

I also won't be sending out any cards this year, as they were supposed to go out last week.

However, I did get all the wrapping done yesterday. As I was doing it, I was thinking about 2014 and all the things that happened.

1. I went alot out of my comfort zone in some ways.  I gave a presentation to a local guild in May, and faced my fears of public speaking.  I'm still terrified, but glad I did it. It was alot of fun.

2. I started knitting toys, but sophisticated ones.  I said I would never do this.
Laura's Sugarplum Ellie.

3. Got interviewed for television for Wool Week (doesn't seem to have been aired....)

4. Organized my stash into proper bins, instead of plastic uglies.

5. Spun a number of different fibers- Masham, Wensleydale, Finn, BFL/Nylon, and some others I can't remember.

No, none of these things will make a difference to the world, but they did in my world.  I have some things I would like to do in 2015 as well.

I am going to bake cookies (Ginger Molasses, Candy Cane and Lavender Shortbread)- but I have to clear off the counters and clean all the surfaces first.  I enjoy the quiet time before everyone is home for the holidays.  I even have my turkey and food all tucked away, and the only thing I will buy next week is dessert and the celery.
I hope to sit down this afternoon and finish spinning this- Rainbow Reindeer BFL from Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

Tino is starting to worry that he has made the naughty list.  Is there still hope?




6 comments:

Bridget said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Tell Tino there *might* be a chance Santa will give him a reprieve ... but I don't know ... ;-)

Sel and Poivre said...

Thoughts/plans for 2015! Ack!

That hasn't even crossed my mind!Trying to live in the moment this holiday season seems to be working for me - maybe a little too well!

Gale NoName said...

Ellie is so cute. You've done a lot of interesting things this year.

Tell Tino that Six-kitty is on that naughty list too, as am I.

Chris said...

Ellie is adorable!! :) Hope you and FC are feeling MUCH better.

mrspao said...

Hope you are feeling much better and had a wonderful Christmas.

Nicole said...

Sounds like a productive year! Hope the cookies got made and were yummy. We made candy cane cookies this year too, and they were great.