Saturday, October 18, 2014

Have a Nice Trip, See Ya Next Fall

Happy Saturday. I have a routine that doesn't change every Saturday. I get up (I do!), do the teeth and the  hair, feed the kittens, turn the heat lights on for the dragons, make tea, get dressed, start the laundry, sit down with my tea, read The Globe and do the crossword.  I love the crossword, and the Suduko. 

This weekend is a few things, Rhinebeck, Woodstock and my son's birthday.  He is going to see King Diamond tonight- we got him his ticket and some cash for a t-shirt.  I can't believe he is 26 today. My baby.

I will not be attending Rhinebeck, as I have been once and that was enough.  I will, however, be doing some spinning in the spirit of the festival-
This is some Into The Whirled BFL/Nylon in her "Rhinebeck" color. That's as close as I want to get.

I did indeed bring back some fibery goodness from Vermont a few weeks ago- some sparkly roving caught my eye- this reminded me of snow:
I also wanted some Cormo, and got some, but it's mixed with some other breeds, a bit random, but oh-so-soft:
I have been finishing some projects.  I have become majorly sidetracked by making these adorable animals from Little Cotton Rabbits (see sidebar).
This one was a gift for Miss Mew- cupcake bunny.
And this one is mine- I charted some carrots, and put them around her skirt.  She's getting a Piebald boyfriend, I'm just making his clothes, as this is a family blog, and there will be no NUDE rabbits.
I have just finished these- a free pattern on Ravelry, Opp/Att.  I am using this clever dyers Opposites Attract sock yarn.  How I managed to make 2 the same, I still can't figure out, but darned if I will be frogging.  Alot of fun, and I recommend this yarn.  Fun colours and fun pattern.
Tinnamon Toast Crunch has been a harrassant all week. I think he's afraid I am going to leave him again, and has been a klingon. 

Fleecin' out- have a great week.








4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, Cormo is amazingly soft... Cool socks!

LOL about your Klingon cat - in a mystery series I used to read, one of the cats was called Velcro. :)

Sel and Poivre said...

"Happy Saturday" indeed! The paper and its puzzles, pets and staying put. Heaven!

Gale NoName said...

I spat my tea out at the Klingon cat comment. Happy fall.

mrspao said...

What a happy Saturday! Sounds heavenly :) Lovely fleece you have there.