Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Vroom Vroom

The topic for 10 On Tuesday is 10 cars you have had. I don't think that I have had 10, but I'll tell you about the ones I remember.  I may not have photos of the actual car, but I can jack some from the interwebs.

1.
Not the actual car- but a 1972 Buick Skylark was the first car I bought.  Not exactly a boat, but really comfortable with bench seats. I am laughing at seeing some of them pimped out like hotrods- it wasn't exactly a....

2. Firebird.

Mine was a 1978- red with orange stripes and white upholstery.  I even had fuzzy dice. OMG.

3. I drove a series of crappy Flintstone cars. I learned to drive a stickshift, bypassing first gear.
4. I bought a brand new 1985 Subaru GL-
Mine was also silver, and we called it "Scooby Doo".
5. I had a Dodge Caravan, which I hated. I called it the Bozo Bus because everyone would say "oh you have room for so-and-so". Got rid of that crapcan in a hurry.
6. I loved my Jeep Cherokee, champagne colour.  Had problems with a porous block so it turned out to be a gas sucking lemon.  I think there was a Dodge Neon in there somewhere.
7. A 1998 Ford Explorer- Wedgwood Blue.
We called it "The Exploder".
8. A 2000 Pontiac Grand Am.  Millenium Silver.
9. And now I drive a 2008 Volkswagon Rabbit.  I think this is my favorite vehicle of all.


Here's the actual car, behind FC's actual shitbox.  Psst- don't tell him I called it that. Guys are SO sensitive about their cars.

Fleece out. Oh, and happy Equinox!

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Wow, what a variety!

Chris said...

Belated happy Equinox! :)