Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Perils of Boredom

It always happens at this time of the year. I don't exactly know why- but maybe it's years of being conditioned to new beginnings in September.  Not sure.  All I know is, I am bored, and that can be a dangerous thing.

I have always maintained that the dangerous people in the world are the ones who have not much else to do, and that's when trouble usually starts.  You notice it with teenagers and older people (of which I am neither).  Kids who have summer jobs, or a community center, or some kind of interest aren't normally the ones in trouble. With retired people, they cut the grass 3 times a week, and poke their snout into the neighbors trough, where it has no business being.  I mean, how much of "The Price Is Right" can a person endure before they go completely insane?

It's not that extreme for me.  I always have something that I need or want to do.  For example, I deep-cleaned the kitchen yesterday. Yes, cupboards, oven, drawers- now I can do some baking without having to move 20 things.  Conditions have to be right before I can enjoy the process.
Some of the collections are a bit crazy. I thought I had about a dozen Bridgewater mugs. It turns out I have 23. The cool thing is, she does limited editions, and very cleverly brings out new things. She is like a druglord- gateway mugs, and before you know what hit you, you've got teapots and butter dishes. It never ends.  Tea towels too- that's another one. Like crack. I look in Say Tea's window to get my fix.
I realized that I didn't show you my new Beswick sheep- my sister gave me the ram on the far right, but I scored the sheep family at an antique show. (I shouldn't go to these things as there is always something brought back.....). 

I have been knitting. Currently I am working on a Gnarled Oaks sweater. I originally spun this yarn for a shawl, but it's perfect for this pattern. So I spun up some more.

I am more than halfway up the body.
I made some bags that will hold a sweater's worth of yarn.  I have a boatload of bags, and am doing more.
As I am typing, I have a helper who is giving his thoughts on blog content.  He thinks it's time for a few changes.

Fleece out.

6 comments:

Gale NoName said...

What kind of changes is he looking for?

PS Love the sweater.

Michelle said...

Love the bag!! wooohoo Fall is coming!

mrspao said...

I love those sweater size bags. I think I may have to get the sewing machine out again. I know what you mean by September being a time of new beginnings.

mrspao said...

I love those sweater size bags. I think I may have to get the sewing machine out again. I know what you mean by September being a time of new beginnings.

Chris said...

I love the color of your sweater yarn! Great job on the spinning.

Nicole said...

Aaawwww, sweet kitty! Also, I love the bag projects. I need to make some too, but am trying to decide whether to find a good pattern, or try to cobble something together.