Monday, July 7, 2014

My 4th Tour De Fleece

Tour de Fleece started on Saturday.  For those of you that are not familiar, it is an event that runs concurrently with the Tour de France, and you spin and rest on the same days as the race. It is great fun, and an excuse to challenge yourself with spinning.  The first 2 I did, I burned myself out, but I am setting a reasonable goal. Besides, when the weather is hot, what better than being inside where it's cool, and spinning some yarn?
Tino is my mascot. Howard eats fibre, and is thereby disqualified.
Saturday was gorgeous, and we went for a drive to Lake Rosseau.  I wanted to visit Georgian Bay Fibre Company, and I sure wasn't disappointed. Carla has a repurposed shipping container for her shop, and just look at all the amazing colours.
I got some of her BFL fingering weight for a shawl, and these pinks are limited edition colours for the summer.  I also got 2 braids of fiber- it is TdF after all.  They have a little Bichon, Tosh, and it was wonderful meeting them and seeing her setup.  Her colours are inspired by the landscapes of Northern Ontario- and Muskoka is truly beautiful.  What could be better?

 I finished some socks for Mr. Man.
 I made this adorable mousie- the pattern is here, and is alot of fun.
And  the boys have made a bed out of my basket that has my handspun and quilting projects.  I didn't have the heart to serve them with eviction papers.

Ok- fleecin' out for now.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

What an enjoyable and pretty post!

I'm glad you have appropriate snoopervison ... ;-)

Stay cool!

Chris said...

Oh, Carla's colors are amazing!

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my goodness when you said you were headed to see Carla you weren't kidding! You're there and gone already!

Nicole said...

Lovely stuff! I'm glad you have a non-fiber-eating mascot...

Jewel Rey said...

Looks like your quality control team did a good job!