Tuesday, April 1, 2014

No Foolin', It's April

I don't have much to show in the way of finished projects. I've been faffing (don't you love that word?) around with a few things.  The weather is finally getting warmer, and the garden clean up is calling to me.

I'm not ready.  This bear still wants to be in the warm den.  April always bites me in the behind. I decided this year that I would do some things that are out of my comfort zone, so I am going to new places, meeting new people, and trying new things.  April is also birthday month, which, depending on how you look at it, can be cause for celebration, or a bit of a breakdown.  I think it's important to mark special days in some significant way, so I'm having a filling replaced.  THAT will certainly be memorable.

My friend and I visited Dundas Park Kitchen. I had read a review in the paper, and rather than just read about places, I am actually going to go to them.  They are open for lunch and dinner during the week, and it was really good. The galettes looked incredible, but I had the special sandwich.

Miss Mew and I went to Markham Fairgrounds on Saturday to a cosmetic warehouse sale. It was invitation only, and we had a great time.  Alot of lining up, but what price beauty?  I scored some MAC lipglass and a few other goodies. After all that, we went out for some eggs benny- so all in all, a great Saturday. (is anyone noticing that good times mostly involve food?)

The Great British Sewing Bee

Season Two, has begun.  I don't know anyone who has seen this, that doesn't love it. Could it be because of this judge, Patrick?  A Savile row tailor, who looks incredible in his bespoke suits?  Or the policeman who sews for his daughters?  My bet this time is on Linda, who is incredibly sweet, and skilled- but you know, Chinelo- who doesn't use commercial patterns is very talented, so maybe. Heather, she of the pindog, is pretty good too.
I don't care who wins, as long as they show more Patrick.

I hope to do some spinning today, as well as some sewing this week. The ironic thing is that I am the type who can't work when things are untidy, but when I'm in the throes of a project things inevitably get messy.  I have cleaned off my sewing table and organized my supplies- so we're off to a good start.

Plan something special for April- Spring is here!









No comments: