Like my blogbuddy Bridget, I love winter. I think that's because in the past few years, I'm really not liking summer at all. We get days of brutal humidity, and the heat is intense, and I am not into it. I end up sitting inside until after dinner, when I can go and walk. So, what is the point. I am fair skinned and it just doesn't agree with me.
So why is winter great? Here ya go:
1. It's cold. No perspiration.
2. I'm a knitter- we live for this.
3. I'm now a spinner- don't need an excuse to be indoors.
4. Tea. I drink tea in the summer, but it tastes better in the cold weather.
5. I get to wear my moccasins. I love my moccasins.
6. My men's worksocks- which I even wear with my skirts. It's a look, you know.
7. Outdoors looks so pretty covered in snow.
8. Getting in bed, under the flannels, and reading a great book.
9. I love soup, especially homemade. Nothing like coming home and having some homemade soup.
10. My fireplace. It's gas, but I love it. It's so warm.
I could have probably listed more than 10. I am looking forward to some of the Sochi Winter games, especially the ice skating.
I have a FO. I thought it would be interesting to check out Craftsy, and chose the squirrel sweater. I am not a fan of the yarn, but I was more interested in the techniques, how they are presented, and Amy Detjen is a Meg Swansen/EZ scholar, so they are very technique oriented. And it's a good class- Amy is a very engaging teacher, funny, and explains and demonstrates well.
I knew I wouldn't be happy, because I didn't like the recommended yarn from the start, so it wasn't so much about the finished product. I did make a few alterations, but well, here's what it looks like.
Jamieson & Smith aka The Wool Brokers came out with Shetland Heritage. Recreating the natural dyed colours of classic Shetland yarns, this is very exciting. It is slightly finer than the jumper weight, so I decided to try one of the kits for a hat inspired by one in the collection of the Shetland History Museum. It seems to be much softer as well, and lovely to work with. Love it.
this amazing seller, where else, on Etsy.
So let's see, I have some wonderful upcoming projects for this year, spinning fiber, my fireplace, tea, and snow outside. Life is pretty good.