Monday, January 20, 2014

Every Picture Tells A Story

Hey.  How are you?  I've been hibernating a little, because it's been really snowy and cold.  I did, however, go for a long walk with the daughter, niece and sister last Sunday, and that was fun, but man, was it icy. I'm lucky I didn't go ass over teakettle. Went to the gallery and saw a new exhibit- Mary Pratt.
My niece brought some yellow tulips over on Saturday.  I love how they look in my Burleigh milk jug. I was never a yellow person at all, but now I love it.

How is 2014 going so far?  I feel a shift towards better times, a happier sort of year. I realize it's a bit early in the game to decide this, but 2013 was a bit of a washout, and while change is hard, it is also good.  I am going to keep that positive thought. Most people on my radar are moving toward positive things.

On the knitting front, I have been inspired.  I have a few new things in the works, and am working on finishing up a few WIP's- (cough) like the squirrel sweater from hell.  I hope it works out, but most patterns and projects are a leap of faith, aren't they? 

Lately, I have re-acquainted myself with my beloved Shetland yarns.  And even spinning some, as for some reason I haven't worked much with it.  I know alot of people think Shetland is scratchy, and yes, it can be.  But I have been knitting with it for years, and it is wonderful.  It has body, takes colour well and wears beautifully. It is my favorite yarn to work with.  I'm having a lovely time spinning some laceweight on Mr. Reeves-
And I finished a boatload of Three Waters Farm BFL- the colour is "The Gloaming", browns, deep purples and hot pink. Marvellous.
1322 yards will be a sweater, one fine day.

The kittens. Oh, the kittens. Howard is wonderful, just a little gem of a cat.  Valentino, well, is a bit of an unruly teenager at the moment.  I wrapped them in the Cat-In-The-Hat blanket and they stayed there for most of the afternoon. 

Animals make me laugh.  Fleece out, until next time.



3 comments:

Gale NoName said...

Looks like you've been keeping busy. Love the new yarn.

mrspao said...

I know what you mean about 2014 shifting to a happier time. I totally agree!!

Gorgeous new yarn!

Nicole said...

Hibernating can be good! Nothing like bright yellow flowers to bring one back out into the world, though. And kitties can help with both parts...