Ten On Tuesday is 10 Cultural Traditions You Observe. I don't really tie myself to any one particular traditions or culture, unless it involves marzipan.
When you don't have small children around, things tend to slide. But there are a few things it wouldn't be Christmas without:
1. I always get a new ornament or two for the tree, and write the year on it. Because Miss Mew has her own home now, I passed on the box of ornaments that I collected for her, and now she has a start on her own collection.
2. Bake cookies. Miss Mew and I made Lavender shortbread, Ginger Molasses and Candy Cane this year. I got a cookie scoop when I was in the states, and it is the best gadget ever.
3. Watch Christmas specials and movies. I love Blackadder's Christmas Carol.
4. Marzipan, and lots of it.
5. Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
6. Christmas music- I love Loreena McKennitt, and actually don't mind Andy Williams. Der Bingle is just annoying.
7.Looking forward to the new books I'll be getting. How do I know? I order my own gifts.
8. Turkey legs and cranberry sauce.
9. Even better- turkey sandwiches and mayo.
10.Eggnog cake. I buy it. But you can make it.
Kittens are not co-operating. I wanted to get a picture of them with bows on their heads, and I had to give them some to play with. I'll wait until they're asleep.