Tuesday, December 17, 2013

No Tannenbaum

Ten On Tuesday is 10 Cultural Traditions You Observe.  I don't really tie myself to any one particular traditions or culture, unless it involves marzipan.

When you don't have small children around, things tend to slide.  But there are a few things it wouldn't be Christmas without:

1. I always get a new ornament or two for the tree, and write the year on it.  Because Miss Mew has her own home now, I passed on the box of ornaments that I collected for her, and now she has a start on her own collection.
 
2. Bake cookies.  Miss Mew and I made Lavender shortbread, Ginger Molasses and Candy Cane this year. I got a cookie scoop when I was in the states, and it is the best gadget ever.
 
3. Watch Christmas specials and movies.  I love Blackadder's Christmas Carol.
4. Marzipan, and lots of it.
5. Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
6. Christmas music- I love Loreena McKennitt, and actually don't mind Andy Williams. Der Bingle is just annoying.
7.Looking forward to the new books I'll be getting. How do I know? I order my own gifts.
8. Turkey legs and cranberry sauce.
9. Even better- turkey sandwiches and mayo.
10.Eggnog cake. I buy it. But you can make it.

It snowed heavily on Saturday, and we're getting more now. I love snow, as long as I don't have to drive in it. And since I made alot of gifts this year, I don't have to go near a mall. Just last minute groceries.

Kittens are not co-operating. I wanted to get a picture of them with bows on their heads, and I had to give them some to play with. I'll wait until they're asleep.




5 comments:

Bridget said...

Hi Lorraine! Cookies, snow, Christmas movies and music, and uncooperative kitties - yep, that works for me, too!

Have a merry one!

Gale NoName said...

Mmmm. I'll be over when it stops snowing for some of those cookies.

knittingintherockies said...

I'm starting to feel guilty that I haven't made any cookies this year. I'm inspired and big molasses cookies sound marvelous!

Laura said...

The cookies were delicious. Another success...

I made a lot of gifts too, and ordered the rest online. I'm not a claustrophobic or agoraphobic person, but it sure feels like I am in those crowded malls *shudder*

I like Der Bingle, and Danny Kaye. Wanna see Der Bingle in Der Box? :-P

mrspao said...

Sounds lovely - I love to make Christmas cookies but didn't manage it this year. THose kittens are gorgeous.