I have my arms wide open when it comes to Autumn- the smell of woodsmoke, the amazing colours that nature comes up with, the crisp and cool weather- what is not to love? The oppressive heat and humidity of summer is behind us, and there are lots of things to look forward to.
1. I joined a BooKnits Halloween KAL- this one is called "Morticia" even though I am more of a Lily Munster person myself*. I am using a beautiful silk/merino lace yarn from Hedgehog, "Poseiden Dark" rich deep tones of purple and deep red- perfect for the theme. AND you want to know what else? It came from my stash, even the beads. I bought nothing but the pattern.
2. Getting outside to enjoy the weather- I hope to resume my daily walks with FC. He has a torn meniscus in his knee that will hopefully get better with time- it won't repair but keeping it moving will be beneficial. We try to go every night after dinner.
3. Speaking of dinner, it is slow-cooker season and I have a beef stew simmering in it now. I toss the ingredients in the pot in the morning, and I don't think about dinner. It is done and dusted.
4. Raking leaves- I love it.
5. Working on some quilting projects- I hope to complete a few table runners, and Winks is making one too.
6. We're also planning on doing Halloween cookies this year. Skulls, bats and pumpkins.
7. Craft sales-Fair November might be good.
8. I have a few large projects (apart from the quiltfromhell) that I would like to work on, a new Fair Isle, and some handspun sweaters. I will take stock in the new year, and see what I can humanly get done- instead of wanting to do everything and burning out like I usually do.
9. Podcasts- I have discovered video podcasts and am so relieved to know that I am NOT the only loony out there- indeed- people even talk about it to the whole world.
10. Silly, but wearing my work socks makes me feel good. I love them.