Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Things You like To Do On An Extra Day Off

Snow day. Three day weekend. Family day- that kind of thing.  I like days like that because it is out of the usual routine. And days off have a different feel to them, you know. A Monday feels totally different to a Saturday.  Sunday is my least favorite day.

1. If it is a snow day, well you're out shovelling. I actually don't mind doing it.
2. Watch a movie from start to finish.
3. Do a clear out on a room- throw stuff out and wash the floors.
4. Go to a museum/art gallery/event. The Royal Winter Fair is coming up.
5. Cook something that takes time- throw in a stew or a roast.
6. KNIT ALL DAY.
7. SPIN ALL DAY.
8. Hang out with a buddy.
9. Read a book.
10. Go for a long walk in the hood.

I have been busy around the house. We are down one car, so FC takes mine to work.  This is good because that means I am not imposing all these errands on myself, so I can get up knowing I'm not going out.  Had to make a Costco run to buy Halloween candy. I don't buy too far ahead, because I may eat it.  That has happened before.

Sewing continues- I made a prototype tote bag, and I have had the farmyard fabric forever.  The Hedgehog project bag is for a special friend.
A blobby Morticia- I decided against the dangly cast off- and will block out the points. Tons of beads- but this was the small. I figured I could actually finish this one by the end of the KAL.
 Kooky Valentino-very loving, but oh so bad....
...and squishy Howard. He has taken up KC's spot on the sofa upstairs and keeps an eye on the squirrels.

Fleece out.

3 comments:

Gale NoName said...

Lovely bags Lorraine. Val has the same look that Six gets before she gets into trouble.

Laura said...

Love the tote bag - when you mess one up, give it to me ;)

It's a coincidence that I was actually thinking, on my way to work this morning, what I'd rather be doing if I had a day off. It included working on cross stitches and watching Fred Astaire musicals, and even doing a bit of laundry because fresh bedsheets are the best.

mrspao said...

Can you pop over here on one of your days? I need help with 3!