Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Songs That Make You Want to Dance

I can't dance for beans. But that doesn't stop me from groovin' to the music in the grocery store.  Not the Muzak elevator stuff that sounds like a laxative commercial, but the real deal, 60's ,70's and 80's- some of the new stuff is ok, but I prefer yesterday's classics.

1. If this doesn't make you dance, you're paralyzed. Sly and the Family Stone's "Dance to the Music"- which is an earworm as well. Listen at your peril.
2. A newish one- more jazzy- Aloe Blacc "Tonight Downtown", the Tanqueray commercial.
3. Dead or Alive "You Spin Me Right Round"
4. Boney M "Rasputin"- of course.
5. Devine "You Think You're A Man"
6. Jermain Stewart "The Word Is Out"
7. Terence Trent-D'Arby "Wishing Well" - you can bop to that one.
8. OMG- Kool and The Gang "Jungle Boogie"
9. Sam The Sham "Woolly Bully"- more my brother's generation, but alot of fun.
10. I like watching James Brown and Michael Jackson dance- they were real performers.  Have you ever seen Eddie Murphy do "James Brown Hot Tub Party"? One of the funniest things ever.


Fleece out- I'm off to Fingerlakes Fiber Fest this weekend. I'll be fleecin'

3 comments:

Chris said...

"Pop! Goes the World" by Men Without Hats. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zUUtf7gOe8

Laura said...

The Word is Out is so groovy! "That you - and I - are gettin' it on..."

A friend put on Mothership Connection by Parliament-Funkadelic a few get-togethers ago, and boy, did that make me feel like dancing.

mrspao said...

Oh my I do have that song in my head now. I counter that with "Waterloo" by Abba.