Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ten On Tuesday-10 Books On Your "To Read" List.

I have returned from my weekend trip to New York state.  FC and I had a great time, going on a bit of a shopping toot, before severe budget restrictions kick in, this month.  However, we did score at the Bass shoe outlet- 4 pairs of shoes for him (unprecedented in the history of FC shoe aquisition) and even some pussy penny loafers for moi-
huh? huh? 

 
We went to the Fingerlakes Fiber Festival, and I loaded up on fiber and fleece, and stuff.  It was alot of fun and I got to see some friends, old and new.  There were twin alpacas....
.... and bunnies up for adoption.
Just some of the haul.

Onto the ten:

1. The Massey Murder by Charlotte Gray. This is new, and tells the story of the big money Massey family (of Massey-Ferguson Farm equipment). A murder occurred with one of the maids, and was big news back in the day. The Massey family was prominent in Toronto history.
2. The Sleep Doctor- Stephen King. A sequel to "The Shining"  but stands alone as a story. Danny Torrance, a recovering alcoholic, goes for the job as caretaker of the rebuilt Overlook Hotel in Colorado.  The movie version with Jack Nicholson was good, but the made-for-tv version was true to the book, which scared the daylights out of me
3.Barnheart- a true story of a city girl gone country.
4 & 5 : Having finished "Woodswoman" by Anne LaBastille, I am looking forward to the sequels, "Beyond Black Bear Lake" and "Woodswoman III"
6. Yarn Farming by Barbara Perry- due out in November.
7. Yarn Whisperer by Clara Parkes.
8. The new Sylvia Jorrin- The Improbable Shepherd.
9.A Tony Curtis autobiography- which my daughter gave me. Apparently, a real schmuck.
10. A bunch of Victoria Holt schmaltzy stories. (have I started speaking Yiddish?)


3 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!! :)

Yarn Whisperer, huh? :D

Nicole said...

Bunnies! Yay!

Also, it's good to see that I'm not the only one who included a yet-to-be-released book on the TBR list today... :)

mrspao said...

What a wonderful weekend. I like your list :)