Monday, July 29, 2013

Walking In The Sand

I won't be posting a 10 on Tuesday, because the topic is "Ten Favorite Beach Songs" so I'm not clear if it means "Little Old Lady From Pasadena"or things you sing around the campfire like "Barnacle Bill the Sailor", which if you're drinking Pina Coladas- you forget everything after the 3rd verse anyway.  Back in the day, you understand.  Wasn't there another song by The Stranglers "Walking on the Beaches, Looking at the Peaches"

I do like the beach, but being a fair-skinned (ok, optic white) complexion, I can't really sit in the sun. I have no objection to a beach umbrella, but usually it's crowded and I don't like the sensation of sand in the bathing suit, or bringing half of it home in the car. I have been to a few lovely beaches here in Ontario- Sauble Beach is great, white sand, as well as Ipperwash, both being on Lake Huron. I admit to not being as keen on Georgian Bay, or even Lake Ontario, but it's nice to walk along some of them. I do like watching the water, and I find that peaceful. My favorite lake would be Nipissing in North Bay- very clear and clean, and shallow. You can walk practically into the middle of it.  I have been fortunate enough to have visited alot of cottages on lakes, Lake Haliburton, Rice Lake, Davis Lake, Kushog- tons of them. I love Haliburton- it is truly gorgeous.

Had enough of Ontario geography?

I spent this morning updating my Ravelry stash, clearing out some stuff in the basement, and I am working on some more Biscornu's as well as spinning. My goals in August include working on some quilting, knitting up some handspun and making some gifts. I am dialing Christmas right back this year. I am already feeling totally overwhelmed, so maybe a few handmade gifts and cookies, and that's it. I don't have the money or the energy for a full-bore Lorraine-goes-batshit Christmas, so we'll see.

This past weekend I attended a craft show, and met up with a lovely potter whose work was introduced to me by my buddy. She and I agree that there is nothing better than getting up in the morning, and enjoying your tea in a handmade pottery mug- and these just spoke to me.  She's lovely and so talented- so 4 of them came home. I also got to palm off some of my other mugs to my daughter, so it was a win-win.

My niece and sister brought me some gorgeous flowers- yellow being the couleur de jour- pretty eh?

A certain kitten has been climbing things in the house and not caring if he gets sprayed in the face.  Howard is easily scared away, but not this Valentino. No sirreee.

Huh? You mean me?






4 comments:

Chris said...

Very cool mug. :)

LOL, Valentino must be getting tips from Chaos...

Bridget said...

Valentino should hang out with Milo, aka Nightmare on Four Paws ...

Oh I love the mug!

Gale NoName said...

Optic white? I almost wet myself.

Nicole said...

Aw, such a cutie! But he looks quite precocious...