Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ten On Tuesday- Ten Reasons Why You Knit

 Well, since last week, my back problems have flared up again, no doubt from bad posture and sitting in one spot for too long- that is bad news for us knitters isn't it? Worse for spinners, who want to indulge in marathon sessions.  I also, with the generous help of my sister, got most of the backyard cleaned up, and I've decided not to go crazy buying annuals and things- just a few planters for the urns.  There are lots of perennials and FC wants to install a fence so it will get trampled on anyway.

Yesterday I took a road trip with The Raging Success to Michigan, because he needed to get a driveshaft for his truck, so hey, I'm up for that.  Well, after a few hours sitting I was pretty sore- but I'm seeing the doctor later today.  Had a great day otherwise.

Now, back to business:

1. I knit so I don't kill people.
2. I LOVE wool- even the raw sheepy smells.
3. I can't imagine what people who don't knit do with themselves.
4. So many new designers and patterns, it's mind boggling.
5. I have made some of my best friends through knitting.
6. I plan trips around fiber festivals and wool shops.
7. I've been taught by a fantastic teacher, and have returned the favour by teaching others.
8. Knitters, are, on the whole, nice people.
9. I love the cameraderie, the getting together and being inspired by others. Ravelry rocks.
10. I would save my stash if my house went on fire, before my jewelery.

A crappy picture of my sock in progress.
 
Finishing a Cameo shawl for a gift.....

Valentino taking up Kitten Chow's squirrel watching post....
...and Howard is pretending to ignore my Norfolk pine, and not quite succeeding.

Fleece out.

6 comments:

Carrie#K said...

I would have a heck of a time saving my stash in a fire. It's all over the house.

Such cute kittens!

Gale NoName said...

I spit coffee all over my monitor when I hit the comment about saving your stash. Hope your back feels better soon.

Chris said...

I hope the doctor was able to help with your back!!

Nicole said...

Love the kitten photos! They're so cute.

mrspao said...

Hope your back is better soon. I also have stash scattered over the house but I'd be sad to lose it. Love those kitties.

Vernita said...

This is cool!