Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Favorite TV Moms

Eddie Haskell: Wally, if your dumb brother tags along, I'm gonna - oh, good afternoon, Mrs. Cleaver. I was just telling Wallace how pleasant it would be for Theodore to accompany us to the movies. 
 
1. I don't think there was ever a better TV Mom than June Cleaver, with her pearls and hair done while she did her housework. The formal evening meals in the dining room, her cute little hats.  And her interactions with the smarmy Eddie Haskell.
 
2. Lily Munster, who was really just a normal mom, with Frankenstein for a husband, and a coffin lining cape.
 And Eddie Munster, with his woof-woof doll.
3.Laurie Petrie, on Dick Van Dyke, especially when she danced.
 4. I would have said Carol Brady, but I didn't like her.
5. Ditto Anne Romano, aka Bonnie Franklin. Loathed her.
6. Betty Draper, on Mad Men, for her underlying evil, which makes her an interesting character.
7. Maude, aka Bea Arthur- she epitomized the partying seventies mom.
8. On the other side, Edith Bunker, the ditzy, long suffering wife on All In The Family.
9. In case you get the impression I live in the '60's, I did like Thirtysomething, and Hope and Nancy were interesting as the moms.
10. Last and not least, one of my all-time favorites, Edina Monsoon. If you haven't ever watched Absolutely Fabulous, it's hysterical.

 Fleece out, Sweeties.


3 comments:

Carrie K said...

Maude was a partying mom? Nice list! Great pictures.

Nicole said...

See, all I could think of for my list was Beverly Crusher from Star Trek TNG. And one name does not make a list of ten, no matter how you stretch it. :)

mrspao said...

Hehe :) What a funny list.