Sunday, March 24, 2013

Random Randomness

March is coming to a close, and Spring is here. It's cold, but no point in complaining, although that's what I hear alot of people doing.  The bible quote from Ecclesiates "To everything, there is a season" is very true. There is no point in wishing for sun and sand, unless you travel south, in March. It will come in due course, and I think the secret of life is acceptance of what IS, rather than what you wish it will be.  I just put on another layer, and SO BE IT. It isn't a big deal.

Having said that, FC and I purchased an offset umbrella at Home Depot yesterday.  I didn't want to wait until they sold out, or raised the price.

My random thought that I wanted to write about was some of the major changes that have occurred over the winter, well, starting in September. Laura moved out and got her own apartment. Not far away, or anything, but I wasn't ready.  I am alot better now, but somehow it snuck up on me, and she is happy and enjoying her independence and her job, and I am so proud of her.  I didn't want to visit MY issues on her, and I will probably miss her every day for as long as I live.
I talk to her often, and that makes me feel better, but I think her leaving was a big part of adopting the dog.  That didn't work out, because aside from being a high energy breed, he started getting aggressive and snarling, as well as biting. If I walked him 3 times a day, it wouldn't have been enough, so he has found a home with another family that has 2 other dogs, and I think he is far happier. I was heartbroken.

Then, of course, the KC situation, and now I have the 2 kittens.  They are alot of fun and have made me very happy.  They will never replace my Kitten Chow, but these guys are going a long way to filling the void.
And kittens are alot of fun.

In other news, I have redecorated the front room, and will be getting some new furniture this week.  I hope the room will be a place I can relax and look out the window, play with my kitties and work on my projects.
I very seldom listen to music any more, unless I am in the car, so I hope to do that instead of falling into the Dr. Phil abyss- but I doubt I will give up Judge Judy.
 I have been doing some spinning.  I really love it- you start with the beautiful dyed fibers, which are one thing, you spin it, and it's another, then you ply it- and it changes again.  Knitting with handspun is amazing, and it looks completely different.
I love making these fingerless mittens, they are like little works of art.

I'll leave you with some kitten pictures, because it's been kittypalooza around here.  Easter is coming, and I hope to have roast lamb next Sunday, and my sister over.  We still do the chocolate rabbits and stuff.
Have a great week, and I'll do the big reveal of the living room next time.



6 comments:

Gale NoName said...

Welcome to the new bundles of fur!
Despite acceptance of the fact that it is March in Canada, and I do love the cooler weather, putting those hats and mitts away until next fall is going to feel good. Having said that, yesterday was nice enough to hang the sheets on the line.

Brenda said...

Having playful kittens might induce Laura to visit a lot. Looks like they are enjoying being part of your home. Looking forward to seeing the new front room.

Roast lamb for Easter sounds delicious. I think I may have to go shopping.

Bridget said...

Wow, Lorraine - you've been dealing with a lot lately. I'm so sorry that Quinn had to go live with another family, but your new kittens should keep you plenty busy!

I love fixing up the house/buying new furniture - even if it's just one small thing, it makes such a difference.

Hang in there, and kiss those kitties for me.

Lorraine said...

They'll get a kiss from Auntie Bridget- no worries!

mrspao said...

Kittens! I love kittens so you've made my day.

Sorry to hear about Quinn but it was a very brave and honest decision you made and I'm sure he'll love his new home.

Nicole said...

I feel your pain on giving up your pup. I had to do the same when I was in college - none of my family had the time to devote to the puppy I'd found at the shelter, and while he ended up happier in the long run, it was super hard to give him up. *hugs*