Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring is springin'......


Tuesday came and went, and since it was a 3 day weekend, my days are sort of mixed up. I spent most of the past weekend watching Downton Abbey, all 3 seasons and the specials. It is one of the best things I have seen in a long time.  It has been cold and I haven't been out too much. We've had a couple of severe snow storms in the past few weeks. What can you expect-?  It's winter, and I'm happy there is snow.
 
But there are some signs of Spring- my niece brought over these gorgeous tulips. And I am forcing these Paperwhite Narcissus on my kitchen windowsill.
I made a baby sweater and shoes for an upcoming arrival....
Spun some fiber- Romeo and Juliet BFL from Fat Cat.....

Knit this Dover Castle shawl....
and spent some time by the fire with Kitten Chow.  Sleeping does make him tired.

Fleece out.












4 comments:

Gale NoName said...

Oh Lorraine, I've been cold since that big storm. But your tulips look great.

Chris said...

Cute baby sweater and booties!

Gah, we have the chance of 6" of snow tomorrow. So over this winter crap. SO OVER IT.

mrspao said...

You really know how to do snow, don't you?

I love that Dover Castle shawl. I think I'm going to have to find the pattern. Your yarn is lovely and that baby will look super cute in the sweater :)

Nicole said...

I love the shawl! Love it! Also love the spring pictures! And the baby sweater! You're just full of happy pictures today.