Did you know that last Monday was considered "blue Monday" the most depressing day of the year? I had a week from hell. Some of the highlights being a 5 day headache, not being able to walk the dog because it was too cold, and he was spun out of his gourd, and falling ass over teakettle down the stairs this morning. I tripped on one of Quinn's bones. I killed my foot.
I had it x rayed, and it isn't broken just terribly bruised.ETA: the hospital called and the small toe is broken- they misread the radiology report. I feel a bit vindicated because I was wondering why a bruise would be so painful.
Todays 10 on Tuesday is my idea of things you can do to banish the blahs, although I tend to get them in the heat of summer. I like winter.
1. Make your favorite food. Your absolute favorite.
2. Shave your legs.
3. Paint your toenails a bright colour.
4. Have a movie marathon at home - all your favorites.
5. Take a walk in the snow in a different section of town.
6. Window shop and only buy a coffee.
7. Paint your bedroom.
8. Drink tea in bed with a favorite book.
9. Go to the library and get a book about a new hobby you've thought about.
10. Plan a trip- even if you're more of an armchair traveler.
Notice, in the interest of austerity, these things cost little to no money. You don't have to spend alot to have a good time.