Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ten On Tuesday- 10 Goals for 2013

Goals?  Not sure if I refer to them as goals or resolutions.  How about aspirations?

1. No junk food.  No buying it, and no eating it. It makes me feel crummy.

2. Save money, and pay off our mortgage.  It's do-able.

3. Do more of the things I love, and make time for them.  Reading, knitting, quilting, cross stitch, time with people who make me laugh.

4. Ditch or avoid anyone who makes me feel bad about myself, or is looking for someone to solve their problems.  I no longer take on other people's problems.

5. Make menu plans, no more impulse shopping. The malls bore me anyway.

6. Do some day trips when the weather is nice. I love going out in the car.

7. Be a better listener.

8. Tell my kids and DH I love them,  more often.

9. Do something nice for someone each day, and hopefully, without them knowing about it.

10. Learn to make healthier meals, and take my time doing it.

Not earth shattering, and probably boring, but that's about it.

What's happening for you in 2013?

7 comments:

Gale NoName said...

I like your goals - reasonable and doable.

Bridget said...

These sound very good but also like things that you can do and feel good about.

I'm trying to get mine together, but may not make it for today ... but goals are goals, whenever you make them, right?

Carrie#K said...

I love your goals! Lofty aspirations, all.

Sel and Poivre said...

Accomplishing #4 is sooo tough for me! But when I do it, its amazing how much time and energy it frees up for other things! I had a big lapse just the other day...could feel myself agreeing to help when I should have been keeping my mouth shut! Arghh!

BTW the 3 yarn stores were Ewe Knit, LK and Romni. All so close together!

mrspao said...

They sound like fine goals!

Chris said...

That's a really good list. It took me a long time to manage to incorporate #4 into my life, but it really makes a difference.

Nicole said...

I think it's a really good list. I especially like #3.