Monday, December 3, 2012

Ten On Tuesday- Favorite Christmas Albums

Oh gosh- I hope I can come up with 10. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas music.

1. This has to be number one- Vince Guaraldi's " A Charlie Brown Christmas"

2. My all-time favorite, Loreena McKennitt "To Drive The Cold Winter Away"- she's magical.

3.Michael Buble - this Christmas album is great, because he's so cool.

4. Arthur's Perfect Christmas- played it in the car for the kiddos.

5. Not really Christmas but I do listen to it around the holidays, Bach- Brandenburg Concertos. No 3 in G Major.

6. This is my favorite classical - Brahms String Sextets- it will make you cry.

7. Loreena again- "A Midwinter Nights Dream"

8. That's all I could think of- but what NOT to listen to: BING CROSBY
9. ANYTHING Christmas and Country and Western.
10. That one with the cats meowing and the dogs barking, unless you're 4 years old.
 
I have completed one glove- I don't think that I will make a career out of knitting gloves. 
 
And Quinn, he's busy chewing on his Bullwinkles.



6 comments:

Brenda said...

I like Ella Fitzgerald's Christmas albums. I like any Ella album actually. She could sing.

I do also like Loreena McKennitt, and there is another woman with a blue violin, whose Celtic music (including Christmas) I like, but I can't remember who she is. I've even seen her in concert. Bad brain!

Worst Christmas song--How'd You Like to Spend Christmas on Christmas Island

P. Joan Gavigan said...

So glad you don't listen to Bing Crosby. I don't like to listen to people who violently abused their children, either:)

mrspao said...

Awww Charlie Brown - what a super choice.

Sel and Poivre said...

Charlie Brown all the way! I feel sorry for kids today that they can watch that or any special TV show anytime. They will likely never have the strong, strong associations with them that we can have only ever hearing that music at that one time of year!

Nicole said...

John Denver and the Muppets! That's my tradition instead of the Charlie Brown Christmas...

Chris said...

I can't imagine knitting gloves - too fiddly.

My Christmas favorites tend to be a little anti-Christmas, like "I Believe in Father Christmas" by Emerson, Lake & Palmer and "White Wine in the Sun" by Tim Minchin.