Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012- In Review

Was it Walter Cronkite who used to say "..and that's the way it is".  All in all, it wasn't a bad year. Crummy summer, but I've come to expect that.  The highlights for me were The Fingerlakes Festival, turning 50 {{cringe}} and connecting with some grade school friends.

 Some pictures of Christmas.......
 Laura and I with Quinn Tin Tin.  I am wearing my "Charlie Brown Christmas" t-shirt that some friends gave me.
 My sister with her nephew.  And his massive, silly paws.
 Laura got a brand new bag. I love shopping for her, SO much fun.
And KC slept through most of it. What a guy.

My haul included a new spinning wheel from FC, an Ipod Touch (from Alex), a "Say Tea" gift certificate from my brother and his family (yay)- pajamas and a Charlie Brown mug from my sis, a nice sweater and some bath stuff from Laura, and some books and clothes from FC. I also got a Prince Charles figurine from Greggy- I bet no one else got one of those. I love HRH.
 I spent a day organizing my spinning stuff into a cabinet. Oh, I got some deadly English combs too.
 FC's wrapping job.
 And I picked up this project "Rams & Yowes"- that according to Ravelry, I started back in July.
 We got snow, and Quinn didn't want to go doo doo in it.  He's fussy at the best of times, but eventually he had no choice.  What I don't get is people who think it's okay to leave it out in the snow- they don't have to pick it up?  What is UP with that?

As I look forward to 2013, as usual, I think of all the things I have, and I am always a little relieved that Christmas is over.  I love winter and because of the dog, I am getting outside and enjoying it.

I have declared 2013 a year of "Austerity"- something I always think about.  Do I need it, or do I want it?

More on that later.  Oh, and see you NEXT YEAR.

Fleece out.


4 comments:

mrspao said...

Happy New Year to come! I'm sure it will be your best yet :)

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New year Lorraine! You look AWESOME! and your family is beautiful. Thinking of hoping back on the WW wagon on the 1st. Have you tried their new 360 program?

Monika said...

LOL-I've got some English combs too, and am afraid to unwrap them. The first thing I saw was the brochure with the word DANGER on it! :o)

Happy New Year!

Chris said...

Looks like you had a really good Christmas! Here's to a good 2013 for all of us.