Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Three Little Kittens Need Some Mittens

Todays "Ten on Tuesday" is "10 Mitts/Mittens that I want to knit.  Not strictly playing by the rules here, I have knit some of them.

1. 4H Mittens- my own design for handpsun. I have made a true shitload of them, and that's alot.

2. Autumn Fire- This lady sells kits using yarns she has dyed naturally- and they are all wonderful.

3. October Leaves- I have made these and they are gorgeous.

4, Dimorphous- True genious- these are versatile and such fun.

5. Dog Mittens- She also has Cat, Frog, Fish- quite a few.  Nicely written patterns.

6. Maud- I am, as we speak, making the mittens. There is a matching cowl and tam. Classic Starmore.

7. Muckleberry Set- A Tam and gloves set- classic Fair Isle.

8. Weisdale Tam and Mittens- sense a theme here?

9. Delft- I love these, they are beautiful.

10. Stinky Pink- just for the heck of it.

There are more of course, but truthfully I am not adept at knitting mittens.  The thumbs and fingers are less than perfect, and that's one area of my life where I strive for perfection.

Speaking of which, I am bummed about my Weight Watcher situation. I should have really gotten to goal weight by now.  When will I ever learn?  I really need to up my game.
This is the Maud kit from Virtual Yarns.  The colours are somewhat duller than portrayed in the pattern.  But they are based on natural outdoors colours and birds, so I guess that's about right.

And Quinn-tin-tin, who has just returned from getting his rabies shot.  I won't mention what's coming up in February.  He has NO idea.

5 comments:

Chris said...

No stranded Cthulhu mittens?!?

Sel and Poivre said...

First of all - how spectacular is that sweet freckled face!

The mitten list was so interesting.

My current fave is Carol Sunday's Aberdeen but you cite so many great alternatives to that one I might have to re-think!

mrspao said...

Oooh they all look great! I think I may have to get the wheel out and get better at spinning and make some 4H mittens.

Carrie K said...

I've already knit too many mittens for my climate. Do not tempt me.

He looks like he has an inkling!

Nicole said...

Ooh, some of those are ones I'm not familiar with! I must go look at them...