Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Gratitude Party

Late for the "Ten on Tuesday" so it'll be "Whatever On Wednesday"-

1. I am thankful for the wonderful life partner I have, who regularly drives me crazy and loves me enough to let me be who I am, and accepts me for it.  He is truly the kindest and funniest guy I have ever met, and life has never been dull.

2. Goes without saying, but I have 2 exceptional children who also make me laugh, and at the same time I couldn't be prouder of who they are as adults.  Caring, intelligent, and delightful human beings- I wish they were still home watching Sesame Street with me, but at the same time, it's been great to see them become independent and find success and happiness in their lives.

3. I have the best family. My sister, my twin, my partner-in-crime, who never fails to make me laugh to the point of pants-peeing.  My brother, who has always been there, and his family, whom I adore. 

4. Friends- most of whom are long term.  I can't say that I have lots in terms of numbers, but those I do have, well, you're the best.  I have also made some really great online friends, through blogging and Ravelry, and I can truly say that life without any of you would be very empty indeed. 

5. My pets. Well, Kitten Chow and now Quinn.  They bring me joy every day. (Kitten Chow has bit the dog on the nose this morning, for those of you wondering how it's working out)

6. My fiber crafts.  Knitting, spinning, quilting and cross stitch make me content and excited, and I spend many hours a day dreaming up new projects- it's my creative expression.  It's that or the insane asylum, and that isn't far from the truth.

7. Where I live, in the burbs, is a nice balance between the big city and country, and while I like the quiet, I couldn't be without the creature comforts of stores, and doctors and things.  My house is nice and the neighbors are great- so what's not to love?

8. I am happy that we live in an age where you can watch what you want, when you want as many times as you want.  We used to have to wait for a movie to come on tv, and then usually missed it until it aired again. This part of technology is great to those of us who grew up with black and white, and 3 channels.

9. My car. Sounds crazy- but I LOVE it.  I can hop in and go whenever I want and feel such a sense of freedom.  I can drive fast and pass other cars- it's a blast.

10.  For a 50 year old, my health is pretty good. I can now walk for hours without getting tired, and have lost enough weight so my joints don't bother me.  I can also chase the dog around, so getting older really can mean getting better.


3 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh Yeah! Dog + Weight Loss = Fitness = Getting Older is Waaaay Better!

Love this Post!

Chris said...

A wonderful list! :)

mrspao said...

Wonderful! And great news on #10!