Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ten on Tuesday (almost)

It's Tuesday, and I noticed that some of you post a "10 on Tuesday"- which is a great idea, but not alot happens at Chez Sheriff.  Let's see.

1.  It's June, and fairly cold out, and it has been raining for about 3 days. Union Station flooded on Friday- a sewage pipe broke.  Gotta love Toronto, never a dull moment.
2. With a bit of aid from mummykins, Laura pieced her first quilt top.  I have evidence. She even appliqued some little hearts on 2 of the blocks.  Sweet.
3. The peonies are out- they're out.  I have evidence of that too.
4. Sonny O's truck is in the midst of some do-it-yourself brakework.  One of his friends offered to place an old engine on the lawn to complete the look.  This should do wonders for property values.

5. (See above) If you decide you want to walk by my house in the morning, when I am half asleep, and can't see around the giant truck, you'll probably get run over.

6. I am thisclose to the 25lb loss at WW, and I have been even closer to quitting.  Note to self: stop eating Cheesies, Combos and Reisens.

7. I sort of discovered this blog-What Houswork-and I do believe she lives the life of my alter ego.  I have always sort of thought of living on a farm, raising animals, and she also lives in New England where there is SNOW.  I friended her on Ravelry, and have been reading the archives, so if you're reading this Jessie, I am not a stalker, more an admirer of a fellow blogger.  The tales of her Lab and his polyfil girlfriend are hysterical.
8. I am finding much joy in my spinning. The Schacht Reeves has been a bit of a leaning curve, but I am quickly getting the hang of it. Tour de Fleece is coming up in July. Let the games begin.
9. Didn't make it to 10- but as always, Kitten Chow is his fluffy self.  I love him.  I must get around to scrubbing cat schmutz off the walls and railings.  I will do this for love.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Almost 25 lbs is awesome!! Hang in there. :)

Ugh, crazy rain there, too? We ended up with over inches more rain than is usual for May here. Looks like the city took up growing toadstools...

Gale NoName said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's fantastic. Laura's quilt top is sweet and cat shmutz made me burst out laughing.

Michelle said...

OMG 25lbs!!! WONDERFUL!!! I'd love your opinion. School lets out on the 19th here and I was considering taking a spinning class. I've NEVER touched spinning but thought it might be fun? I was contemplating a drop spindle? Can't afford a wheel. What do yo think? Your spinning is perfection :)

Nicole said...

Fun, fun! And the quilt top is lovely.

Sonya said...

25 lbs. lost is fabulous! Hang in there. It can be such a slog but so worth it.

I love Jessie's blog too. So many critters!

Carrie#K said...

What are Cheesies, Combos and Reisens? I can't blame them for my extra 25 lbs though, phooey. And congratulations! Don't quit. Get the free lifetime membership.

Gorgeous peonies!

bev said...

25 pounds is awesome! Don't stop.
Glad that you are spinning. I have so much catching up to do. Glad to see that you are still around.

Brenda said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!
Those peonies are so pretty; I got married in a dress that icy pink color. And nice quilt top, Laura!

mrspao said...

Well done on the almost 25 lbs. You are amazing! I love the quilt top and peonies are my favourite flowers (apart from old fashioned roses) The colour of your yarn is gorgeous.

Brigitte said...

Mmmmm...Combos... Yeah, I'm no help.