Thursday, May 3, 2012

May Days


Hey, how have you been?  It seems I looked up this morning, and it was May.  Time passes in an odd way, doesn't it?

Well, I went to The Knitters Frolic this past Saturday, which should be renamed The Knitters Feeding Frenzy.  There were some great things to see, if you could get past the crowds. I did manage to snag some lovely Suri Alpaca from Spinning Wheel Alpacas, and some bfl/shetland from Hopeful Shetlands.  And met up with my buddy Brigitte.
I've also been walking quite a bit. The walks get longer, but I think I'm getting old or crazy, and most likely both. 


 
 You have to look closely at the picture- there are three little geese (goslings?)- and it was so exciting to see them.  My sister took the picture.  I was a little too happy about seeing this.

I've been spending some time with Mr. Reeves, my spinning wheel.  Sounds a little film noir, doesn't it?
I also finished this handspun Aeshna shawl- and I used Fat Cat Knits Dragonfly colour in BFL. The shawl is a Dragonfly theme- it's pretty special.



And, as per usual, Kitten Chow remains disinterested.  It must be exhausting.

6 comments:

Gale NoName said...

Oh. I am so jealous of your trip to the frolic! Can Kitten Chow come babysit my beasts? He looks pretty calm.

Bridget said...

This is a very visually appealing post. I'm glad all is well.

I know that last year I invited you to MDSW with me, but if it's any consolation, I can't go this year. So let's say FOR SURE next year, OK???

Chris said...

Where are the pictures FROM the Frolic?! :)

Carrie#K said...

Why is walking a sign of old or crazy?

Cute goslings! Cute shawl. Nice fiber.

Brenda said...

Lovely shawl, Lorraine! I love dragon flies. Here we sometimes get dragon flies with bright orange or red bodies. And they eat bugs like mosquitoes!

Ennui takes a lot of energy! But KC seems to be an expert.

Nicole said...

Goslings! So cute. I love baby birds. :)