Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What Is That in Cat Years?

Here it is, the half century.  I am really having a hard time wrapping my mind around this one. But I think 40 was worse.  By the time you reach your mid 40's- you've accepted that the teenage years are gone. And you're living through your kids teens- which is, well, interesting. Frankie Bear asked me what I wanted and he got me this Schacht-Reeves 30" Ash DT Saxony wheel.  Isn't that the nicest present? Whatta guy.
My sister got me this gorgeous William Morris Mug at "Say Tea"- we were on the same page this year, she got an Emma Bridgewater Fox mug.  Krystyna really does have the nicest things ever.

My buddy Pat came by and gave me some lovely fiber, I got a phone call from Jewel in California, my favorite niece came over and  I got birthday wishes from my Ravelry pals. I got a card with Foghorn Leghorn on it from my favorite son.  I feel so blessed and lucky to have the family and friends that I have.  I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.



The Kitten Chow is his usual fluffy, warm, purring self. So far, I'm liking 50.







9 comments:

Gale NoName said...

Cat years? I just burst out laughing.

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday! Best wishes for a wonderful year, Lorraine.

Glad to hear that 50 is great. I turn 49 this year. Lovely spinning wheel.

mrspao said...

A very happy Birthday to you! You are so lucky with your lovely gifts. :)

Chris said...

Happy birthday! Looks and sounds like you're living it up right. :)

Bridget said...

Lorraine - sorry I missed your BD, but it sounds like it was excellent.

As I recall, 50 is good. You don't have to prove anything to anyone but yourself anymore. I like that.

Brigitte said...

Glad you had a great day! Nice haul...

miyamojo said...

Happy Birthday Lorraine!
Celebrate everyday! :)

Nicole said...

Happy belated! I'm sorry I missed your birthday, but it looks like you had a great one!

Carrie K said...

And completely spaced by me. Sorry! Happy Birthday! I don't mind *being* 50 but it's still strange turning 50. It just doesn't seem like it's been that long/I know enough/etc.