Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kittyspin

This year will be known as the time we skipped winter.  I went walking with a friend yesterday, and it was just like spring. The park was muddy, and it was very mild.  It felt surreal.

I had a pedometer on, and was surprised to find that I did over 12,000 steps, which equates to over 8km. In  one day.  My weight loss is slow, but it's happening. I feel better than I have in years.
I finished this book. E.L. Doctorow is a writer I admire, and I admit that the subject matter of the Collyer brothers was interesting. It is told from Homer's perspective. For some reason, the author has them living into the 1970's, and even gives an account of "hippies" moving into the house.  Also, Langley was the younger brother who went off to war, and came back damaged from mustard gas.  The true story was tragic.  I will say, I am not much of a fiction reader, but this was okay. I wouldn't read it again. Blogger is messing with the photos again- 
I am working on a hooded sweater, sort of making it up as I go along.  This is some handspun from Fat Cat Knits.
I've been doing alot of spinning lately.  But it isn't always easy with a large kitty.  Maybe I should think about getting my hair cut, ya think?  I've burned it twice now, sitting in front of the gas fire.

Is anyone giving up anything for Lent?  I've pretty much given up all my vices- except tea and coffee. What do you do when there are no indulges left?  Something to ponder, until next time.

Peace out.

6 comments:

Gale NoName said...

Knitting and spinning are both pretty. Don't give those up!

Sel and Poivre said...

Some years rather than giving stuff up i undertake a challenge like never speaking about myself or doing something extra or special for everyone in the house every day or visiting with people I wouldn't normally make an effort to see - its been a worthwhile exercise every time!

Chris said...

Yay for the walking and the weight loss!

I gave up religion - does that count? ;)

mrspao said...

I've not given something up for Lent but promised to read my Bible every day instead.

I do love your sweater and it cute that KC is on your lap as you spin.

Nicole said...

No Lent for me! You'd think that I had given up spinning for Lent last year and never gone back, though, based on how much I've been doing lately (aka none). Maybe watching you will get me inspired again!

Brigitte said...

Yeah, I'm with Chris. I gave up religion, shouldn't that count.

If I ever had to give up tea or coffee you'd hear my meltdown in Mississauga from the Beaches.