Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Of Fiber and Felines.....

Tomorrow is February 1st, so we are almost into the second month of 2012. My, how time flies when you're having fun!

I'm pleased to report that Miss Mew is very much on the mend, and thank you all for your well wishes. They certainly did the trick.  The other family member is on the mend, and recuperating at home, with his dog, so that's a relief.

In other news, I decided to skip my weekly WW meeting this morning. It finally snowed last night, and the roads were kind of messy, and I wasn't into it.  What a strange no-snow winter this has been.  What I feel like doing is hermitting myself in the house and work on some projects.

 Alex calls this "The Hanging Gardens of Fiberlon"- isn't he cute?  I love spinning.  I didn't expect to love it so much. Everything about it.  The fibers, the smell of the wool, the spinning, the plying, the niddy-noddy, and the resulting yarn. Then you get to knit with it.
I started a new cross stitch for an upcoming wedding. I don't like anything too twee or sucky, so this will have their initials and the wedding date.


I have one sleeve done on my Boreal-  but I have a feeling I am going to run out of the magenta yarn.  Shit.

Kitten Chow may have cabin fever, but it's hard to tell sometimes.

8 comments:

Gale NoName said...

Shit is right. Did you spin all of that yarn?

Carrie#K said...

Maybe more yarn will grow over night.

Kitten Chow looks as if he's making the best of it.

Monika said...

Ha, that is cute! (what Alex said). It looks like that often around here too. Isn't spinning the best? I've just spun up some chunky yarn quickly for my blanket project, because I've changed my mind and need a bit more.
I was so happy last night, and out with the pups to play in the snow. This morning I ran out and shoveled the walkway, first time this winter. Usually a broom did the trick so far. And now it's all melting like crazy, so sad.

Nicole said...

It sounds like you have some great pun-smiths in your house…

Chris said...

I'll join Carrie K in hoping that the magenta yarn reproduces so you don't run out...

Brenda said...

I hope you can make the magenta yarn work out. It is such a great combination.

Kitten Chow is handling the cabin fever very well.

mrspao said...

Oh wow - what a gorgeous hanging garden of yarn!

I hope that you figured something out for your arm.

Linda said...

Lovely colours in the spinning. Kitty Chow looks cosy. Our cat is running around like a mad cat.