Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Year So Far

This has been a heck of a week.  On Saturday, Miss Mew had to have an unexpected appendectomy, but the good news is she's home, and on the mend, and I get to spend some fun times with my daughter, who I miss more than I knew.  Another close family member has had surgery twice in the last 2 weeks, so it's been one thing after another.

I have been knitting and spinning to keep, somewhat, sane.


This is Borealhttp://www.ravelry.com/projects/Knittingham/boreal, By Kate Davies. I've admired this designer for years, beginning with her Owl sweater, and she has a great blog,.  Kate made hers in shades of green, but I decided to go for something different, and chose this magenta and natural colour. Lots of fun, and wonderful yarn to work.
I spun some Fat Cat BFL, for a shawl.  That was fun, in snowy gray shades.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               







For laughs, I added to my Anne Taintor magnet collection- this is one of my favorites.


 "Let's get a closer look at that new camera........"






                                                                       

9 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, I'm so glad that Miss Mew is doing ok! Ack about the other family member - hopefully s/he is doing ok, too...

Monika said...

Love that sweater, and I like the color you chose. Hope all your family members recover quickly.Ha, that magnet is funny!
I've bought that FCK fiber kit too, but was disappointed when I saw it in person. I liked the photo on her website more. Must be the first time I didn't quite like what Ginny dyed.

Bridget said...

Lorraine ~ you don't need to tell me that this year has started on a questionable note!

I love your sweater - the color! I too am a fan of Kate Davies. Her designs are just so appealing.

Hope everyone in your family continues to do well. Take care.

Felice said...

Lorraine.give Laura my love and enjoy your time together...and I think you have had your fair share of "crap" for the year...wishes for all good things and happy times...and I too love the shade you chose for the sweater!

mrspao said...

Glad to hear Miss Mew is ok and hope that she is on her feet again soon.

I love the yarn you spun - it looks fab as does the sweater you are knitting.

Brigitte said...

Eeeps! Laura! So glad she's doing better now.

Wow, that fuchsia is going to look great on you.

I giggle every time I read "Fat Cat".

Nicole said...

Well, hello Mr. Chow.

I hope all the familiy members are on the mend (or fully recovered) by now!

Carrie K said...

I hope Miss Mew and the other family member are on the mend!

That sweater is beautiful. I love the bright color.

Brenda said...

I hope all are recovered from surgery!
Doesn't Kate Davies have a fantastic blog! I always enjoy reading it, and her photos make me want to run away to Scotland.