Monday, December 5, 2011

It's beginning to look alot like....

....uh, no. It isn't. The weather is mild, and it's raining. On Friday, I took a trip into Toronto to look at the amazing Christmas windows at The Bay, as well as in The Eaton Centre. Giant reindeers- I really love downtown when it's all lit up.

I met Miss Mew and FC, and we went the Grace Kelly exhibit, and we looked at her letters, clothes, her Oscar and a replica of her wedding dress. It was really interesting, and like alot of actresses from that era, she was tiny. Small waist- maybe they wore foundation garments.

A few weeks back we attended a showing of The West Wind at the McMichael gallery. The director and some of the people involved were there. I enjoyed the film, but I cannot believe the rudeness of the public in general. One woman behind us would not stop talking, and getting up during the movie, until we gave her the malocchio- and after it was over, I heard another lady speaking to the director, complaining at how loud the music was. Good thing I don't give into my urge to slap people, my hand would be sore alot.
In knitting news, I made this tam from this book. It was fun.

I haven't made too much progress on Lorna Suzanne...however.....

Miss Mew finished her first sweater- Eileen Mary. She used Peace Fleece in Perestroika Pink. I think she did an amazing job.

There is a back keyhole, and she added a rhinestone button.

As for Kitten Chow, he's been busy with his bag.

8 comments:

Gale said...

Nice knits - all of them.

Sigrun said...

congratulations, Miss Mew,
Lovely tam, mom.

Chris said...

Oh, she did do a wonderful job!! As did you on your knits. :)

I wish it was raining - I can hear the sound of people scraping off windshields outside...

Bridget said...

Lorraine ~ this weather is crazy - I'm really sick of it being so warm. I put up with all of last summer thinking I'd get some decent cold weather!

Lovely knits - I do love tams.

I'm glad that Kitten Chow has a bag, since it's clear he is otherwise neglected ...

Carrie#K said...

Miss Mew did a lovely job.

Isn't the General Public something else? Unbelievable.

Brigitte said...

Oh, Laura did an amazing job! Great colour on her too.

Loathe people like that. Right up there with the loud cellphone talkers on the TTC. Really. What is so damned important.

mrspao said...

Lovely knits. What a super first sweater for Miss Mew!

I love Grace Kelly - how super you got to see the exhibition of her clothes.

Jewel said...

Love the sweater, Miss Mew!! Great job!!