Some thoughts about Christmas, and the holidays in general. The state of affairs here is that it is going up to 13 degrees, it's raining, and it's being predicted that there will be no snow this year. However, it is cold in Arizona.
Suffice to say, I feel completely cheated. At this time we usually have the tree up, and decorations done, and the turkey in the freezer. That hasn't happened.
My dear friend and I made cookies this year, for she is the Queen of shortbread. After sampling some Lavender cookies earlier this year, we made some, and I can't tell you how good these are.
We baked these for 20 minutes at 325, so depending on your oven. You have to use culinary lavender, and lemon, and add only 2 tbsp of the lavender. I hope you make some, because your house will smell incredible too.
I'm making some Man Size mittens for FC. No thrills here.
I am on the last 2 braids of "Country Roads" BFL- and I am going to spin the rest today, as a treat to myself.
Some thoughts and observations:
- Why do people "text" when they are driving? On the highway? Bad enough they talk on the phone, but I see this all the time, and it scares me.
- Why do people wait until now to start Christmas shopping? I would be in such a state that I would have to be hauled off to the nearest psych ward. As it is, I have finished shopping, wrapped it, and am still in a pre-meltdown mode. When someone tells me they haven't started yet, I get a knot in my stomach. At least have a list.
- I am starting to think that there really is no point in wearing pajamas, unless there is Snoopy on them. I need to find some more.
-I always say I'm going to do things differently, but I never do. Maybe it's just something people say.
-I've decided that when I use up all the weird Christmas paper on rolls, I won't buy any more.(Unless there are kittens or Snoopy on them). Plain Kraft paper only, and I can doll it up with stickers or raffia. This will work for birthday presents too.
- My son has requested "Duke Nukem Balls of Steel" edition for his PC. Yes.
- I am going to watch "Black Christmas" a few more times, because it's a great movie that also really scares me.
- I'm thinking about how unfair it is that I can't have some more cats, or a nice dog. I would like a dog. I love animals- but FC, not so much.
-I am already getting depressed about New Years. And it's crazy to get depressed about something like that.
-If anyone else leaves a used kleenex in their pocket, and puts it in the wash, so it shreds all over the laundry, and you can never get rid of the little bits of it- someone will pay dearly, and will have to make other laundry arrangements.
Despite all of this, I am going to have a nice holiday, see some people I love, and not over eat. This middle aged dog can learn new tricks.
However, this aging kitty will not.