Monday, November 21, 2011

You Better Not Pout


Santa got here yesterday. The parade in Toronto had a Mrs. Clause this year, as well as a Santa cam- and he Tweets. The weather wasn't cold enough, and we had no snow, which just isn't the same. Anyway, now we can watch all the Christmas movies. Because Christmas is coming, whether we like it or not, so why not enjoy it?

On Saturday I went to a craft sale at one of my old primary schools- and they have since added a pool, and a few other things to the old building. It was alot of fun, and I ended up getting some cute Fimo sheep ornaments.

I've made about 8 of these- glass ornaments with knitted socks and toques. I have glitter everywhere- but these were alot of fun.

Mary Jane Mucklestone is a designer I admire, and I pre-ordered this a while back. I actually haven't had a chance to sit down and read it, but I am sure it will be a great resource.

I made these Autumn Fire mittens- these come in a kit, with gorgeous natutally dyed yarns from a lady in Finland.

I fell in love with this pattern, and since I have most of my gift knitting done, I have the pleasure of making it- I chose a colour called "Lupine" which always makes me think of that Monty Python sketch where Dennis Moore, the Highwayman, steals all the Lupines. Anyway, I love this designer, she's a bit retro.

As for Kitten Chow, he's feeling a bit displaced by drum equipment in the front room, and is looking for a happy place.

7 comments:

Gale said...

Oh that's gonna be pretty. Love those ornaments.

Bridget said...

Like you, I love being able to watch the Christmas shows!

I love the sheepies, and those ornaments are really cute - are they for you or are you giving them away.

That book is pretty amazing, I've looked through it several times at my LYS, and I may just have to spring for it.

Poor KC! He's so deprived of love, attention, and space ...

Chris said...

Those sheep are adorable!!

And your mitts are absolutely stunning. Wow.

Carrie#K said...

Those mitts are darling!

I don't think Kitten Chow is going to be comfy in that cabinet.

mrspao said...

Lovely mittens! :)

I bet KC would get in there but I don't think your plates will stand the efforts though.

Brenda said...

Gorgeous mittens!

Lorna Suzanne is such a lovely sweater, I love the wide collar.

I don't think a china cabinet will prove to be KC's happy place.

Brigitte said...

"He seeks them here ... he seeks them there ... he seeks those lupins everywhere."! I can't believe I remember that. I used to work with a guy who had a Monty Python quote for every situation.

Nice mittens!