Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Silver Anniversary

Not my blog- because blogs haven't been around that long- but mine and FC's wedding. Twenty five years, it's gone by awfully fast. We're still laughing, and we've got these crazy kids, and animals- and we've really been blessed. He gave me a card with Snoopy on it.

On the subject of laughter, I have added this guy's site to my sidebar. Anyone who grew up in the 60's or 70's- or had grandparents, will really be able to relate to the humour. But what makes this really hysterical is his captions. If your tastes run to the warped side, you'll love this.

Lots of knitting going on- I've been making handspun fingerless mittens for Christmas presents. I really adore knitting with handspun.

I'm swatching for a hooded jacket design- I can't find a pattern that meets all my criteria- and so I decided to do my own. This will be a bit of a haul, but I can do smaller projects as well.

And most exciting- RHINEBECK- I am leaving on Friday morning and staying with a friend in Ilion- and a whole gang of fiber freaks will spend the day at the fair. I cannot believe I'm going. I'm also going to see a friend I met on Ravelry back in 2007- and we e-mail each other daily. Awesome.

I've given Laura instructions to be nice to Kitten Chow while I'm gone-

Mummy's baby. (sniff)

9 comments:

Gale said...

Love your fingerless mitts. Does this mean the hoodie is handspun too?

So jealous of your trip to NY state.

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh what a great time you're going to have at Rhinebeck...enjoy!

Bridget said...

Congratulations on your anniversary - and many more!

Those mitts are just beautiful. And I am VERY jealous that you are going to Rhinebeck! Have a good time for me, too, OK?

Cheryl said...

RHINEBECK??!!! WOW..have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures...oh boy, what a time you will have. The mitts are great, you look great and Happy Anniversary!!!

Chris said...

Happy anniversary, and I hope you have a blast at Rhinebeck!

Brigitte said...

Hey! Happy belated anniversary to you both.

And have a GREAT time at Rhinebeck!

Carrie K said...

Happy Anniversary!

Rhinebeck! Awesome.

Poor neglected Kitten Chow. It won't be the same without Mummy home.

Nicole said...

Congrats!

I love knitting with hand spun yarn, too. Those look like lovely presents.

mrspao said...

Hope you had a wonderful time at Rhinebeck. Huge congratulations on your silver anniversary!